Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/29/10 12:08 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
05/29 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

When we first reached The Program and for the first time in our lives stood among people who seemed to understand, the sense of belonging was exhilarating.  We felt that the problem of isolation had been solved.  We soon discovered, however, that while we weren't alone any more, in a social sense, we still suffered many of the old pangs of anxious apartness.  Until we had talked with complete candor of our conflictions, and had listened to someone else do the same thing, we still didn't belong.  Step Five was the answer.  HAVE I FOUND THROUGH THE FIFTH STEP THE BEGINNING OF TRUE KINSHIP WITH MY FELLOWS AND GOD?

TODAY I PRAY
May God help me learn to share myself, my attributes and my failings, not just as I take the Fifth Step but in a continuing give-and-take process with my friends.  May I cultivate an attitude of openness and honesty with others, now that I have begun to be honest with myself.  May I remember who I used to be -- the child in a game of hide-and-seek, who hid so well that nobody could find her/him and everyone gave up trying and went home.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will be open to friendship.

STEP 5 - Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Patricia R.
on 5/27/10 5:00 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: Recovery Books Available
Anyone with a mental health or substance problem can find books on most topics available at Hazelden.  www.hazelden.org

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 5/24/10 10:46 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
Prior to recovery, I hated myself so much, I lashed out at people, and did not let anyone close.  It was as if I was not going to let anyone close enough to reject me, so I made them keep their distance.
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/24/10 10:24 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
05/25 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
When we're new in The Program, we're novices at reaching out for friendship -- or even accepting it when it's offered.  Sometimes we're not quite sure how to do it or, indeed, whether it will actually work.  Gradually, however, we become restored; we become teachable.  We learn, for example, as Moliere wrote, "The more we love our friends, the less we flatter them."  JUST FOR TODAY, WILL I NOT SHOW ANYONE THAT MY FEELINGS ARE HURT?

TODAY I PRAY
May God help me to discover what true friendship is.  In my new relationships, I pray that I may not be so eager for approval that I will let myself be dishonest -- through flattery, half-truths, false cheeriness, protective white lies.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
A friend is honest.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

amysuz1972
on 5/24/10 12:16 pm - Christiana, TN
Topic: RE: Psych Eval
I had mine a couple of weeks ago and hadn't heard anything, I was getting worried. I have seen her for other things for about 2 years so I felt comfortable enough calling and asking if she thought I was "crzay". LOL! She assured me that I was just fine and no, you are far from crazy. She did remind herself that I am very impatient...Anyways, she's just swamped and knew she had 2 plus months left. So, don't put more stress on yourself than you already do, it will fine and it will work out. I know it's hard but try not to worry.
Patricia R.
on 5/24/10 3:56 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Psych Eval
I was a wreck waiting for everything.  I thought for sure that I would be turned down for my surgery because of my psychiatric diagnoses.  Just take it easy and trust the process.  Most of us have been there.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 5/24/10 3:53 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: TEST
Sorry.  I got confused.
Albert Schweitzer

Beth L.
on 5/24/10 12:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: Psych Eval
I had my psych eval last week and I'm nervous wondering what he will tell me. One thing that he poitned out was that good candidates for this surgery are folks that can stick with their medicine as prescribed. I was honest in saying that I will forget to take my meds every once in a while. However, the meds I am on will not effect me if I miss a dose once a week. This is also something the psychologist pointed out.

I stressed to him that I do know the importance of following the guidelines/rules given to me with this lifestyle change of having surgery. I know that if I do get off track with supplements I will feel wonky and possibly feel miserable.

So the point of my post is that I'm worried now about what his evaluation of me will say. Has anyone had a not so good vibe after the eval but then found out it was all ok?
TweedleDum
on 5/23/10 9:56 pm - Hattiesburg, MS
Patricia R.
on 5/23/10 2:42 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: TEST
My alcoholism took a new turn after the surgery.  As for pain meds, I never thought about the malabsorption issue being a problem.  Could explain why the pain meds that I am allowed to take are not working.  

Xanax is not appropriate to take if you have an addiction issue.  Buspar is better for people like us. 

I am fortunate that my psychiatrist and I have worked together for almost 20 years, prior to my surgery and now.  

Good luck.

Trish

Albert Schweitzer

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views