Recent Posts

Miss_Kitty
on 6/6/10 1:27 pm - New Bedford, MA
Topic: RE: V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!!!!!
How are you doing now with the wieghtloss and alcohol?  I also turn to food when needed. I am especially weak when it comes to chocolate.  I treat myself to a little almost every day. Sometimes, I have gone overboard, and thats when I see the scale move in the wrong direction!  So, I lay off the chocolate for a few days, try to walk more, and then it goes back down.  Department store sizes seem to run awkwardly, or at least for me they do. Some stores I still wear a size 3x and some stores, the 3x is actually too small! Oh, well. I hope all is going well for you. Take care and God bless.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/10 12:09 pm - Mooresville, NC
Topic: Anyone need dosage increase post-op on meds
I take med for anxiety and don't think it works now and I'm not sure if it's because of the malabsorbtion from GB.  I .feel more anxious at times than before and not sure why
Patricia R.
on 6/6/10 11:00 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!!!!!
During early post-op, it is really neat to see the scale and sizes move.  Having been stalled for two years now, I am finally seeing my scale move in the right direction.  My stall was related to my alcoholic relapse for two years.  Food and alcohol are my choices when I do not want to feel the feelings.

Keep up the good work.  I remember how neat it felt the day I shopped in the regular department of the department store, and loved it.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Patricia R.
on 6/6/10 9:30 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Home from hospital........thanx everyone!
Miss Kitty,
I empathize with your hospitalization.  I did a week in January, followed by almost two weeks in a drug/alcohol treatment center.

Are you in therapy?  I highly recommend it.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mark1963
on 6/5/10 9:01 am, edited 6/5/10 9:05 am - Fairfax (Marin County), CA
Topic: RE: Four Months Sober Today
Trish, that's great. I spent a great deal of time trying to get past the 3 month mark. I had tried multiple in-patient rehabs, secondary programs, AA, sober living residences, etc. I believe that for me I had to go through the process of making multiple attempts to get sober, but I know that everyone does not have to do it that way. What really kept me sober was working with a sponsor and doing service. Keep on, keeping on.

Now I am working on my weight which is a tougher issue for me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Aberdare
on 6/5/10 4:06 am - Bellevue, WA
Topic: RE: Any Mental Health Provider in Seattle taking MEDICARE?
Cynthia Mason  Bellevue
Did my presurgery evaluation with her. She is very nice

425-454-3110

Miss_Kitty
on 6/4/10 3:58 pm - New Bedford, MA
Topic: V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!!!!!!!!
I am just so ecstatic right now, I thought I would share it with all of you!

I saw my doctor and found that I had gained 10 lbs after my recent 6 day hospital stay. (obviously, that is not the reason why I am so ecstatic!)

I understood how and why it happened, (eating and minimal movement) but I was still rather disappointed. To cheer myself up, I went to Fashion Bug to buy myself this long black dress I had been eyeing for quite some time. I grabbed my usual size, 3x, and went into the dressing room to try it on. It was TOO BIG!!!!!!!!  Even after my 10 lb weight gain, the 3x dress was too big!!!
I bought the dress (they didn't have a 2x and I can get this one tailored) and left the store happy as a clam!
You all have been there for me through my struggles, so I just thought I would share my rare moments of joy with you too.
Take care, all of you, and God bless!

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Brenda C.
on 6/4/10 11:30 am
Topic: Any Mental Health Provider in Seattle taking MEDICARE?
I have hit a roadblock, my Bariatric Team is asking that I get a therapist before getting my approval.  The problem: I am on Medicare & CANNOT find any therapists who will accept NEW patients with only Medicare.

I have called OVER THIRTY groups, and have come up with the same answers, so if someone is familliar with the Area (Seattle, WA - South Puget Sound) and can point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Only other alternative is dropping out of the UW Program, and getting a Medicare HMO Program (UW won't take the HMO) and going to a different program, altogether.  Anyone familiar with Evercare?

Thanks!  Brenda : )~
Patricia R.
on 6/4/10 5:37 am - Perry, MI
I am a Christian as well.  Problem is the Celebrate Recovery meetings conflicted with my outpatient treatment program.  I am happy in AA, and find it a great mission field.
Albert Schweitzer

nursegal132
on 6/4/10 3:50 am - CALGARY, Canada
i am at about 4 months too..... it was celebrate recovery that helped me its a christ based recovery program.... i have found god...healing...happiness.....love but most of all im free of the alcohol demons.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views