Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/20/10 5:01 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
06/20 REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY
When we take the Ninth Step, we must be willing to be absolutely honest.  Obviously, though, indiscriminate "absolute honesty"  would blow the roof off many a house and entirely destroy some relationships.  We must hold nothing back through deceit and pride; we may need to hold something back by discretion and consideration of others.  Just when ande how we tell the truth -- or keep silent -- can often reveal the difference between genuine integrity and none at all.  AM I GRATEFUL FOR THE PRODUCTS OF TRUTH WHICH, THROUGH THE GRACE OF GOD, I HAVE BEEN PRIVILEGED TO RECEIVE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I have the wisdom to know the fine-line difference between tact and dishonesty.  In my eagerness to make restituition may I not be the charmer, the flatterer or the crawler who insists, "You're so good, and I'm so bad."  All are forms of dishonesty and hark back to the role-playing days of my active addiction.  May I recognize them.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Tact is honest selectivity.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Kathy
on 6/19/10 9:00 pm - Hamilton, NJ
Topic: RE: Five Months Sober Today
Trish,
I am so proud of you.  Keep it up.  Personally, I celebrated two years on June 18th.  It feels great and I can't believe its two years already.  Time flies when you're having fun.  Been out of work for the past several months dealing with this cancer thing, but I am now in remission and will be going back to work this week.  I feel ready.  Too bored laying around this house!!!!
Kathy

Patricia R.
on 6/19/10 5:48 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Risperdal - Acute Mania
I have been on Risperdal for what seems like forever.  I can't speak to the gastric bypass surgery, as it has been effective both pre- and post-op for me with my mania.  It has a powerful sedative effect, and helps me stay calm when I am in rough stressful situations.  I hope he told you to take it in the evening.  I had a bad episode, because I was not taking it as prescribed in January, and ended up in the hospital.  I am now prescribed 1 mg in the morning and 2-3 at bedtime.  It takes time to adjust to it.  I hope you do well on it.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

chelle614
on 6/19/10 2:11 am - Chester, NY
Topic: Anyone gain weight on Wellbutrin?
Anyone gain weight on Wellbutrin?

Just had RNY (revision) 9 weeks ago. I gained 7 pounds in the past week, started Wellbutrin about 3 weeks ago. The only thing I can think of is that it is this medicine, since I am eating less and working out more. Just curious if this has happened to anyone?
BTW, I would love to read all the subjects on this board, but am frustrated that I have to wade through the same topic posted daily (the spiritual and grateful posts). Nothing against them, just pointing out that it makes finding other subjects (relevant to mental health) hard to find.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

chelle614
on 6/19/10 2:03 am - Chester, NY
Topic: RE: Anyone need dosage increase post-op on meds
10 mlg of Prozac is a very small dose, especially since you are probably malabsorbing some of it. I have been on 80 mlgs in the past. Ask for an increase, and remind whoever gives it to you, that you had a malabsoptive procedure done.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

karenw730
on 6/18/10 10:47 am
Topic: RE: Tons of Emotions
I have to say that I feel 100% better now, it was just a rough time right after surgery.  Wasn't quite prepared for that!
thanks everyone!!
lilcwgrl727
on 6/18/10 6:43 am
Topic: Risperdal - Acute Mania
I'm 6 months out and Bi-polar.  I just saw the psych and he diagnosed me with acute mania (it's been almost 3 years since my last episode).

He prescribed me Reserdal and I cannot find any "good" information in regards to GBS patients.  Can anyone give me any insight as to what I'm in for?
4'10" Surgery 12/16/09 1st Goal Met 07/07/10, 2nd Goal Met 9/16!!!
HW  /  SW  CW  GW / 2nd GW  / 3rd GW
230  /  195  104 
120 / 110 / 105

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/17/10 9:51 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

06/18 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I believe today that I have a right to make spiritual progress.  I have  a right to be emotionally mature.  I have a right to take pleasure in my own company, and that makes me more pleasant to be with.  I also have a right to become willing -- deeply willing, entirely willing -- to make amends to all those I've harmed.  Because I can now accept myself the way I am, I can accept other people the way they are -- not entirely, but to a much greater degree than in the past.  HAVE I BEGUN TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH GOD, AND THUS WITH MYSELF?

TODAY I PRAY
May God show me that it's okay to like myself, even while trying to repair old wrongs and rebuild from splinters.  May I keep telling myself that I am different now, I have changed, I am a better and wiser and healthier perosn, I have made some good choices.  As this "new person," may I find it easier to make atonements for what happened long ago and in another spiritual place.  May those I have wronged also find it easier to accept my amends.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
It's okay to like myself.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

pandavenise
on 6/17/10 3:03 pm
Topic: RE: Tons of Emotions
That's pretty normal. I was a wreck at three weeks out. Angry yelling sad everything I missed my food my hormones where crazy and I was 54 and hadn't had a period in a year. Menopausal. Finally one day my son yelled at me and told me I wish you had never had that surgery you are out of control. It took him to make me aware of what was going on. I had a lap band then and now am considering rny in a couple of months so it will be interesting to see what happens this time. My biggest fear is the lose of my food to  cope. But I am trying to get a better mind set . Good luck.
pandavenise
on 6/17/10 2:36 pm
Topic: Trazadone and soma
I will be having rny in about a month and a half and I take 100mg trazadone nightly and Soma a couple of times a day for muscle pain. I am wondering if anyone has had problems with taking either one of these meds after surgery and either withdrawls or Not being able to sleep with non obsortion of the trazdone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views