Recent Posts

clwnfish
on 6/23/10 3:24 pm
Topic: RE: Grateful post..
Get some sleep and stay away from alcohol.

Visit my blog:
Middle Children
clwnfish
on 6/23/10 3:23 pm
Topic: RE: Home from hospital........thanx everyone!
May you have a very fast recovery. We'll be praying for you. Keep in touch!

My blog: Middle Children
Patricia R.
on 6/21/10 11:27 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: wow
Nobody can predict your malabsorption issues.  Some people have trouble, while others don't.  The best people to discuss these concerns with are your surgeon and psychiatrist.  They are the ones that are the experts on this. 

I don't take Trazedone, but I have noticed that in the past four years, since my surgery, I have more of a need for a higher dose of my Risperdal, and my doc changed my antidepressant because of other symptoms.  

I hope you are getting your psych meds from a psychiatrist, as a family doctor is limited in this area.  Psychiatrists are experts on psych meds, and can better guide you through the surgery.

There are pill crushers and pill cutters to get you through the beginning healing time, if that is a concern.

Talk to the docs. 

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

clwnfish
on 6/20/10 9:58 pm
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
Hi, nice reflections. Don't know the difference though.

Say goodbye to Middle Child Issues
Middle Child Personality
lilcwgrl727
on 6/20/10 1:24 pm
Topic: RE: Risperdal - Acute Mania
The pill in solid form makes me really groggy for the first 30 - 45 minutes, then it's gone and I seem more amped up than before.  The surgeon's office and my psych both think it just doesn't have enough time to dissolve before moving through me, which is why they suggested crushing.

I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks again for your replies!
4'10" Surgery 12/16/09 1st Goal Met 07/07/10, 2nd Goal Met 9/16!!!
HW  /  SW  CW  GW / 2nd GW  / 3rd GW
230  /  195  104 
120 / 110 / 105

Patricia R.
on 6/20/10 1:08 pm - Perry, MI
My prescription is not PRN, or as needed.  I must take them daily to keep me stable. 

I was never told to crush them.  My pills are rather small, and must dissolve rapidly, because they knock me out.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lilcwgrl727
on 6/20/10 1:04 pm
Thanks Trish!

At this point I HATE it!  I was prescribed .5 mg pills, 1/2 to 1 twice a day and 1 to 2 at night.

I have to crush them to actually have them work although I was told he will order them in liquid or orally disintegrating tabs on Monday.

Have you had any problems absorbing them?  Do you take it daily or is it only when you have an episode?  How quickly does it bring you down?

The 1/2 to 1 during the day is as needed.  Do I take this when I'm feeling amped up?  I guess I have more questions for the doc tomorrow!
4'10" Surgery 12/16/09 1st Goal Met 07/07/10, 2nd Goal Met 9/16!!!
HW  /  SW  CW  GW / 2nd GW  / 3rd GW
230  /  195  104 
120 / 110 / 105

Coreena K.
on 6/20/10 9:38 am - Winnipeg, Canada
Have you talked to your dr regarding this?   

I will still be taking my meds (not trazadone but similar) and I will have to break open the caps and mix it in with water ( I know it will taste horrid).  After surgery and when the weight loss continues I will go to my GP and ask if the amount needs to be changed. 

The only person who will know how you will feel is you, so be honest with yourself and consult your Dr.

Hope this has helped a bit

Cheers!!

Coreena      

Kathy
on 6/20/10 9:32 am - Hamilton, NJ
I take 100 mg of Trazadone at night.  No problems with absorbtion.  I never took it before the surgery (6-1/2 years ago) but within the past year I have needed it.  I feel it works just fine for me.  Maybe you can break the pill in half and see how that works for you, you know, take half a while before bed and the other half maybe an hour later?????  I don't even think there are withdrawal issues with the Trazadone, or maybe I haven't read enough, but I know it works well for me.
Kathy

pandavenise
on 6/20/10 9:16 am
Topic: wow
I can't believe no one replyed to my post about trazadone. I am concerned about how it will abosorb after surgery with wls of ds or rny. I am wondering if I should try and get off before my surgery that is the last thing I need to do is go through withdrawls on top of surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views