Recent Posts

gisele00
on 7/2/10 3:35 am
Topic: RE: really struggling with meds post-op HELP
i lived 30 yrs of my life manic depressive without meds.  after my second child was born, i realized i couldnt risk staying off meds any longer.   sleep deprivation sets me off big time but of course the mania has a lovely insanity to it.  i was foolishly put on a ssri and because of my ignorance-i took it.  talk about mania!!  after that, i tried most of the usual drugs but just could not stand the "stupids" they made me feel.  sleep was the key to all of it for me.  and finding a really super psychopharm..  10 years ago-i settled on zoloft, wellbutrin and a very high dose of klonopin to make sure i sleep (if i go more than 2 nights without sleep-i see the doctor).

after my rny, i refused to change my meds after futzing with them for so long.  i still fight my demons but i cant bear to feel the med change.  as long as i can keep a grip=i'm sticking to the same program even though all my docs agree it is a uncommon combo (an my shrink aways wants me on abilify or lithium in addition).

if i ever reach a place of *strength*, perhaps i will meddle with my meds but for now-i am too scared of upsetting the applecart.

keep taking your b12 et al and keep a journal so you can track your moods etc.

good luck-stay brave!

ps-i get my labs sent to me immediately as well-i never wait for any doctor to inform me of anything.  if i didnt stay on top of my ****i'd be lost.
why buy the cow when you can sell the toaster

5' 9"
Shontel Kirby
on 6/30/10 11:07 pm - Wilmington, NC
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve to you as well !  I love your message, it's so positive, it's so true, and it's a blessing! You have a great weekend

Your OH Friend
Shontel
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 6/30/10 10:17 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

For my job..

For the people in my life that make me smile..

For my surgery..

For OH..

For being me.. Not that it is a great thing but I will still be here..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/30/10 10:09 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..

Wonderful to "see" you Ramon...

I'm grateful that you are posting again

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/30/10 10:08 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
07/01 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Fear may have originally brought some of us to The Program.  In the beginning, fear alone may help some of us stay away from the first drink, pill, joint or whatever.  But a fearful state is hardly conducive to comfort and happiness -- not for long.  We have to find alternatives to fear to get us through those first empty hours, days, or even weeks.  For most of us, the answer has been to become active in and around The Program.  In no time, we feel that we truly belong; for the first tie in a long time, we begin to feel a "part of" rather than "apart from."  AM I WILLING TO TAKE THE INITIATIVE?

TODAY I PRAY
May God please help me find alternatives to fear -- tha****chdog of my earliest abstinence.  I thank Him for directing me to a place where I can meet others who have experienced the same compulsions and fears.  I am grateful for my feeling of belonging.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am "a part of," not "apart from."

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

cassiegrl
on 6/30/10 2:27 pm - putnam, CT
RNY on 12/15/09 with

ty, i have been reading on the risperdal and i see the therapist again tommorrow and see what she says about it.  other than seeing her for meds im not in any therapy right now, but have been in the past... i got all the books memorized... i spoke to the nurse in the office today and now no one can seem to agree if my iron is low or ok... and my B12 was fine... so they say.. im quite frustrated with them, and they just want me to call my PCP who tells me to call them cuz everything seems to be related... ugh... my fingers are crossed for tommorrow thank you

cassiegrl
on 6/30/10 2:25 pm - putnam, CT
RNY on 12/15/09 with
thank you and yes i need to get a copy of them.. i called today and spoke with louis his nurse and she said my iron is fine (24) so one person says its low another says its fine and niether julie nor Dr. a will answer me yet... i see the therapist tommorrow morning and sheshould have a copy of the labs too so maybe she will have some thoughts... thank you

cassie

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/10 11:15 pm
RNY on 12/14/09 with

Hey Cassie...I am sorry you are struggling.  I can't offer much help on the meds, I just wanted to offer my support.

I called the office and had them fax me my labs.  They come into my inbox as a secure pdf.  Do you have that option?  Then you won't have to wait.  They are YOUR labs.

{{Hugs}}
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 6/29/10 10:33 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Hump Day..

Today I am grateful..

For late night and early morning phone calls..

That the man in the mirror is not looking so bad these days..

That I still have TRUE friends that really care about how I am doing no matter how hard I pusehed them away..

For OH..

That I am able to do some things that I would have never done after having this surgery..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 6/29/10 9:43 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
06/30 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I've learned in The Program that the trick, for me, is not stopping drinking, but staying stopped and learning how not to start again.  It was always relatively easy to stop, if only be sheer incapacity alone;  God knows, I stopped literally thousands of times.  To stay stopped, I've had to develop a positive program of action.  I've had to learn to live sober, cultivating new habit patterns, new interests and new attitudes.  AM I REMAINING FLEXIBLE IN MY NEW LIFE?  AM I EXERCISING MY FREEDOM TO ABANDON LIMITED OBJECTIVES?

TODAY I PRAY
I pray that my new life will be filled with new patterns, new friends, new activities, new ways of looking at things.  I need God's help to overhaul my lifestyle to include all the newness it must hold.  I also need a few ideas of my own.  May my independence from chemicals or compulsive behavior help me make my choices with an open mind and a clear, appraising eye.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Stopping is starting.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views