Recent Posts

ekolpack
on 7/5/10 6:16 am - Edgar, WI
Topic: RE: Trazadone and soma
My drs took the Soma away.  I don't know the real reason other than they are addictive and I wouldn't be able to absorb them the same way as before RNY.

Good luck.

The groundwork of all happiness is health.

Patricia R.
on 7/4/10 10:10 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: bipolar questions
It has been my observation that everyone experiences a sense of loss when they no longer have food as a coping mechanism, or when they automatically think of a certain food, and can no longer have it due to sugar or fat content.

There are coping mechanisms that many people utilize to help cope with that sense of loss, as well as the urges to self-sabotage. 

I learned my coping skills years ago in Overeaters Anonymous and still use them a lot.  My therapist also taught me some of my skills. 

If you are not in therapy, you may want to get into it, and learn breathing exercises, and other self-soothing skills to help you. 

I have no problem with my meds.  When I first had the surgery, I cut them up, but now, I take them whole.  

If you do not have an exercise program, start one now, so it is not so hard to continue with after your surgery.  Exercise is a great coping tool.  So is group support, not sure where you live, but we have tons of support here in Pennsylvania, especially the eastern side.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Catnip
on 7/3/10 1:24 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: RE: Trazadone and soma
I had DS and i have no issues with the trazadone.

I take 50 a night to sleep, and it works for me.

This is the first time in my life i actually sleep for more then just a couple of hours.

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

Catnip
on 7/3/10 1:17 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone gain weight on Wellbutrin?
I lost weight on wellbutrin.

The reason we decided that I should take wellbutrin was because it is one of the few anti-depressants that don't cause weight gain. People usually lose weight well on it.

Catnip

Citrate or Bust (a few bones) !
catnip.gif picture by catnipcook

malkee
on 7/3/10 4:45 am
VSG on 10/25/18
malkee
on 7/3/10 4:43 am
VSG on 10/25/18
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
 Instead of fear, think. 

This http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_04_18_fixating.html">text helped me tremendendously when I quit smoking. It's not focused on fear. It's focused on thinking. Alcohol and drugs can easily be substitued for smoking.
malkee
on 7/3/10 4:38 am
VSG on 10/25/18
Topic: bipolar questions
 I am bipolar and have not yet undergone surgery and am curious about how bipolars adapt.
I am mostly concerned about getting really depressed about no longer being able to eat the way I am used to. Did this happen to anyone?  If so, what would you do differently?
Also interested in how you digest your meds. I'm pretty compliant with medication, but currently am having only  a neutral reaction to them -- neither positive nor negative. Whatever you can tell me would be helpful.
malkee
on 7/3/10 4:31 am
VSG on 10/25/18
Topic: RE: bipolar
 Geodon works for me as a mood stabilizer. Also take wellbutrin. Don't be afraid to experiment. And be sure to go to a psychiatrist as they know more about medications than regular doctors. Make sure to find a psychiatrist who LISTENS to you.  
Patricia R.
on 7/2/10 9:55 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: bipolar
Have you had a psychiatric evaluation and consulted a psychiatrist?  That is the person you should discuss this with. 

I am on three meds for my various problems.  I am bipolar and find Risperdal helps me stablize my mood.

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

pandavenise
on 7/2/10 6:02 am
Topic: bipolar
I am  thinking of  starting a bipolar med and am wondering what is working for everyone out there especially because I think you can't take the kind in caps that are time released not sure . I could use some helpful information from everyone and does this medication slow down your weight loss
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 772 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views