Recent Posts

Timothy S.
on 9/21/10 4:13 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Topic: RE: I've a confession..
"Tie me up Tuesday" eh? I didn't know it was a requirement, but I am easy. (heads to "The drawer") ((Maniacal laughter ensues))

Have fun and don't worry about the booze, you seem a pretty strong person to me. I could be completely wrong lol... but your personality will sure as hell give you a lashing, and not the good kind either!
"Check out my High School Diaries 1
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3
"The road to hell is paved with adverbs." - Stephen King

Dancolorado
on 9/21/10 3:31 am - Glenwood Springs, CO
Topic: Gastric Bypass Revision
Hello to everyone,
About two years ago, I had my gastric bypass surgery done, and I have only lost about 15 lbs. I started out at 250lbs and my height is 5'9"   My bmi was not off the charts, I was unable to lose the weight I wanted, and thats why I had the surgery. When I got back home, I was eating about half of what I used to., I'm eathing what I used to before my surgery, and I feel like I never had the surgery. My weight is 237 today, and I would like to be 180. Not once did I every come close to vomiting . I do have an eating disorder, and its at night time. Doing the day, I'm busy and I pretty much eat healthy, but after dinner, everything go to _ _ _ t. lol.  The docotor is talking about a smaller sleeve.

What do I would to acheave after this revision, when i want to eat at night, I would just get sick. I'm laughing as I'm writing this, because, I want the majc pill. Can you please shed some light for me.

Thanks Dan

cindibarre
on 9/21/10 2:11 am - Danforth, ME
Topic: Looking for Counselor in Victoria Texas area
I'm looking for someone who provide counseling for compulsive (emotional) eating in the Victoria, Texas area.  I spend my winters in that area and the SWL provider has suggested counseling for compulsive eating as part of my pre-op.  If you know of anyone in that area, please let me know.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/20/10 10:20 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: I've a confession..
Derick and I are going on a vacation in November for 2 weeks.  We are going to an all inclusive resort in Jamaica, which I am absolutely ecstatic about.   I've not been on a real vacation in years..  and never out of the Country. 

It will be dreamy

I have a little apprehension tho because of the all inclusive part.. (free and abundant food and drinks).  And trust me.. the apprehension is over the Premium drinks part..  *sigh*  ..  Jamican Rum.. Gray Goose Vodkie..  pretty umbrellas with fruit topping the glass.

I have reminded myself  why it is that I will not be partaking of any of these drinks.  Because my first drink will be where I left off..  and that was not a pretty sight.  Also I told myself that I want to have fun and do alot of activites on this vacation.. like snorkle, sail, scuba dive!!  And I surely won't feel up to it after a binge feast.  Also I told myself that I want to REMEMBER this vacation.. and if I recall my last drink left me in a blackout after two hours and passing out after 4 hours of drinking.

Sooo...  I just wanted to put this out here.  That I don't want to drink when I'm on vacation, but the thought is there....  Think I'll pack my book A Day At A Time and take it with me.

thanks for listening  and hope everyone has a wonderful "Tie Me Up Tuesday" !!

Edit to add: I've been sober since November 2006 (just realized vaca is my Soberversary Month) !! 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

tedrajincy
on 9/16/10 10:52 am
Topic: RE: Bulimia plus Bipolar Disorder
Many people I know attend OA meetings online. You can even get an sponsor through the OA website that you can correspond with via email. That seems to really work for a lot of people. So maybe that is an option? I respect your bravery is facing these issues head-on and reaching out for help! I wish you the best!
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/15/10 9:35 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
09/16 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
We learn from others in The Program that the best way to deal with painful situations is to meet them head-on, to deal with them honestly and realistically, and to try to learn from them and use them as springboards for growth.  Through The Program and our contact with a Higher Power, we can find with courage to use pain for triumphant growth.  WILL I BELIEVE THAT WHATEVER PAIN I EXPERIENCE IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY FOR THE JOY OF BECOMING THE PERSON I WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE?

TODAY I PRAY
May my Higher Power give me the courage I need to stop running away from painful situations.  The chemical was my escape hatch, the trap door I counted on to swallow me when life became too monstrous or villainour to bear.  Now that I have locked that door, may I face pain and learn from it.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
My compulsion: a trap-door -- and a trap.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Brenda C.
on 9/13/10 9:39 am
Topic: RE: I just realized I am feeling blue...
Hey Metamorph ;)

It is funny to step back & look at things as objectively as possible.  Sometimes I see fault in my behavior, but most often I see things in a positive light.

I guess I am my own worst critic!  Have you ever noticed seeing someone elses life helps put your own into perspective?  For me, I tend toward "tunnel vision" when I start researching any subject - ha ha - so I seek out all sorts of media to get my informational "fix" ;)

Life is good.  Glad you are able to finally get on with your journey -- and I can relate to the snappiness!  I have actually wondered if it was physical or just emotional reactions to removing our former "drug of choice" - FOOD.  I know when I am hungry, I can be absolutely brutal to people.  It is the hardest addiction to overcome, mainly because you need food to live -- whereas cigarrettes/alcohol - et al, a body can survive without.  Part of me questions if it is mostly or all addiction. 

My body deffinitely processes differently from others, as I have others to compare with, which is why I am choosing RNY over Sleve or Banding.  I wish you MUCH success!  Thanks for writing back ;)

Brenda  : )~
Timothy S.
on 9/12/10 2:31 am - Grand Rapids, MI
Topic: RE: Been a long time.....TOO LONG!
Shyness?  Hmm, maybe just one large voyeuristic community.  I think there are a million lurkers out there lol...  They are watching us now...  GREAT!  now I have paranoia...
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/12/10 2:25 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

Hmmm... denial you say..

I thought maybe most are just shy

Thanks Tim for the friends request !

Timothy S.
on 9/11/10 11:25 am - Grand Rapids, MI
I think we/they/(some other pronoun) do...  It is just a world of denial... ;)
                         High School Diaries 2
                         High School Diaries 3

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views