Recent Posts

ChRoNoxThexDon
on 10/15/10 1:41 am
Topic: Completely cured my anxiety, but now I have another problem!!
Well, about 2 years ago I suffered a death in the family.. my brother who I grew up with my whole life died of cancer at the young age of only 35... after this happend I became what I like to call "Terminally depressed" .. I ended up losing my job because I didn't want to leave my bed and be out in the world, I just wanted my brother to come back... Sooner or later I started forcing myself to get up out of bed and by this time I was still very depressed but not enough anymore to make me completely immobilized, I also found myself to be INCREDIBLY anxious dealing with severe anxiety all throughout my days dealing with CONSTANT panic attacks.  Especially in social situations...  So a friend of mine convinced me to go see a psychologist who eventually referred me to a pyschiatrist who I began to see regularly...This doctor must have put me on and I must have tried every drug out there from zoloft to paxil, prozac, celexa, buspar, klonopin, and most recently xanax which I'm still on. 

NONE of these meds worked for me... the depression, anxiety, and worst of all-panic attacks continued.  Eventually, desperate, I began scouring the web for answers and I eventually came across this site .. http://www.anxiety.pcti-system.com .. which is this program to cure anxiety/panic attacks for good all naturally.. To make a long story short, it worked incredibly for me.. my anxiety is gone, depression as well almost all but gone, and I haven't had a panic attack in over a month.  I do though from time to time still feel sorrow over my brother.  However, this is my problem:  I'm still taking my xanax because I'm completely ADDICTED.. when I try to stop taking it I start going through incredible withdrawls mentally and physically... If I would have known of this addiction problem I would have never allowed my doctor to put me on them.  Has anyone else suffered from benzo addiction and if so, know how to safely get off it with minimal side effects??  Please any advice/comments/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/7/10 9:59 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
10/08 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Determination -- our clenched-jaw resolve that we can do something about everything -- is perhaps the greatest hindrance to achieving serenity.  Our old tapes tell us, "The difficult can be done immediately; the impossible will take a little longer."  So we tighten up and prepare ourselves for battle, even though we know from long experience that our own will dooms us in advance to failure.  Over and over we are told in The Program that we must  "Let Go and Let God."  And we eventually do find serenity when we put aside our own will while accepting His will for us.  AM I LEARNING TO RELAX MY STUBBORN GRIP?  DO I ALLOW THE SOLUTIONS TO UNFOLD BY THEMSELVES?

TODAY I PRAY
May I loosen my tight-jaw, my tight-fists, my general up-tightness -- outward indications of the "do it myself" syndrome which has gotten me into trouble before. May I know from experience that this attitude -- of "keep a grip on yourself" and on everybody else, too -- is accompanied by impatience and followed by frustration.  May I merge my own will with the greater will of God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Let up on the strangle-hold.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/10 9:36 pm
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
hi,,,, this is ragini. ya you are right i am agree with you.
=====================================
Ramsdens Gold For Cash
(deactivated member)
on 10/1/10 3:08 am
Mandaly
on 10/1/10 12:47 am - IN
Topic: RE: PTSD anxiety and agoraphobia
Hi, Im preop, but I have a lot of the same issues, PTSD, chronic depression, several anxiety disorders and Im terrified of whats going to happen. My husband is concerned about how Im going to be able to absorb all of my meds.

I think you should talk to your psych doctor and quite possibly your surgeon to. What would be the point in having the surgery, losing the weight, and not be able to enjoy your new life? *hugs* I hope things get better.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/30/10 9:52 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
10/01 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
We can be surrounded by people and still feel lonely.  We can be all by ourselves and still feel happy and content.  What makes the difference?  We feel lonely if we look to other people for something they really can't provide.  No one else can give us peace of mind, an inner sense of acceptance, and serenity.  And when we find ourselves alone, we needn't feel lonely.  God is with us; His presence is like a warm shawl enfolding us.  The more we're aware of ourselves as beloved by God, the more we're able to feel content and secure -- whether we're with others or when alone.  AM I EXPERIENCING A SENSE OF GOD AND HIS LOVE AT ALL TIMES AND IN ALL PLACES?

TODAY I PRAY
May I understand that we each have our own kind of loneliness -- whether we are young and friendless, old and kept waiting by death, bereft, left, running away, or just feeling our of it in a crowd.  May my loneliness be eased a bit by the fact that loneliness is, indeed, a universal feeling that everyone knows first-hand -- even though some lives seem more empty than others.  May I -- and all the lonely people -- take comfort in the companionship of God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Shared loneliness is less lonely.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/10 9:24 am
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/29/10 9:41 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
09/30 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
No matter what other people do or don't do, we have to remain sober and free from other addictions for ourselves.  When our program of recovery becomes contingent on the actions or inactions of another person -- especially someone with whom we're emotionally involved -- the results are invariably disastrous.  We need to also remember that intense dislike is as much as emotional involvement as newfound remantic love.  In short, we have to cool any risky emotional involvements in the first few months of our recovery, trying to accept the fact that our feelings could change quickly and dramatically.  Our watchword must be "FIRST THINGS FIRST,"  concentrating on our number one problem before anything else, AM I BUILDING A FIRM FOUNDATION WHILE STEERING CLEAR OF SLIPPERY EMOTIONAL AREAS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I always remember that healthy relationships with people are necessary for my recovery.  But -- that substituting an obsession with either a love or hate object is as dangerous to my well-being as any other addiction.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
A dependency is a dependency is a dependency.

RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/29/10 4:58 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
09/29 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
In our first weeks or months in The Program, our shaky emotional condition sometimes affects our feelings toward old friends and family.  For many of us, these relationships heal quickly in the intial stages of our recovery.  For others, a time of "touchiness" seems to persist; now that we're no longer drinking or using other chemicals, we have to sort out our feelings about spouse, children, relatives, employer, fellow workers, and even neighbors.  Experience in The Program over the years has taught that we should avoid making important decisions early in our recovery -- especially emotion-charged decisions about people.  AM I BECOMING BETTER EQUIPPED TO RELATE MATURELY TO OTHER PEOPLE?

TODAY I PRAY
May God help me through the edginess, the confusion of re-feeling and re-thinking my relationships, the "getting-it-all-together" stages of my recovery.  May I not rush into new relationships or new situations that demand an investment of my emotions -- not yet.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
No entangling alliances too soon.

Lalocaweta
on 9/29/10 4:07 am - Spicewood, TX
Topic: RE: PTSD anxiety and agoraphobia
I too suffer from PTSD, generalized anxiety, and am bi-polar. (I have not been diagnosed w/ agoraphobia, but I have it due to the PTSD.)

You are probably at the point that you need to get w/ your psych and discuss playing w/ your medications. I have had to change mind several times of the past 5 years. And YES - you do need to be on the meds. CBT is great, but for most of us w/ PTSD - we need the meds.
"Patriots always talk of dying for their country but never of killing for their country." - Bertrand Russell
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views