Recent Posts

deannhuss
on 12/26/10 8:44 am - Pensacola, FL
Topic: RE: Having This Surgery Destroyed My Life

I know exactly what u mean. I want to just end my life now. The surgery really screwed me up mentally....I need HELP !!!

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/23/10 10:32 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

12/24 REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY

We came to The Program as supplicants, literally at the ends of our ropes.  Sooner or later, by practicing the principles of the Twelve Steps, we discover within ourselves a very precious thing.  We uncover something with which we can be comfortable in all places and situations.  We gain strength and grow with the help of God as we understand Him, with the fellowship of The Program, and by applying the Twelve Steps to our lives.  CAN ANYONE TAKE MY NEW LIFE FROM ME?

TODAY I PRAY

May my prayers of desperate supplication, which I brought to my Higher Power as a newcomer to The Program, change to a peaceful surrender to the will of God.  Now that I have seen what can be done through the endless might of a Higher Power, may my gift to others be that strong conviction.  I pray that those I love will have the faith to find their own spiritual experiences and the blessings of peace.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Peace -- inner and outer -- is God's greatest blessing.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/23/10 1:31 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

12/27 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

How can I tell if I have had a spiritual awakening?  For many of us in The Program, a spiritual awakening manifests itself in simple rather than complicated evidences: emotional maturity; an end to constant and soul-churning resentments; the ability to love and be loved in return; the belief, even without understanding, that something lets the sun rise and set, brings forth and ends life, and gives joy to human hearts.  AM I NOW ABLE TO DO, FEEL AND BELIEVE THAT WHICH I COULD NOT PREVIOUSLY DO THROUGH MY OWN UNAIDED STRENGTH AND RESOURCES ALONE?

TODAY I PRAY

May my spiritual confidence begin to spread over my attitudes towards others -- especially during holiday times, when anticipations and anxieties are high.  As an addictive person, I have not handled holidays well -- greeting those who gather at home, missing those who are not here.  I pray for serenity to cope with the holidays brew of emotions.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Spirit without "spirits."  Cheer without "cheer."

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

uniquely_ambi
on 12/22/10 9:14 am - Spring, TX
 I had mine in '08 and recently have noticed that I enjoy drinking.  I just turned 30 and never really liked the taste of alcohol, but this past year, esp. in the past few months, I just really, really enjoy it.  I function fine and only drink int he evenings or weekends, but this has me worried now.

Amber
RNY 3/08, 151 lbs. lost 
Currently preg with my miracle
Due 12/18/13

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/22/10 1:14 am, edited 12/22/10 1:16 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

12/22 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Through our own experiences and the experiences of others in The Program, we see that a spiritual awakening is in reality a gift --  a gift which in essence is a new state of consciousness and being.  It means that I'm now on a road which really leads somewhere; it means that life is really worth living, rather than something to be endured.  It means that I have been transformed in the sense that I have undergone a basic personality change -- and that I possess a source of strength which I had so long denied myself.  DO I BELIEVE THAT NONE COME TOO SOON TO THE PROGRAM -- AND THAT NONE RETURN TOO LATE?

TODAY I PRAY
I pray that I may attain that state of consciousness which transcends my everyday reality -- but is also a part of it.  May I no longer question the existence of God because I have touched His Being.  For us who are recovering from addictions, the words reborn in the Spirit have a special, precious meaning.  May I be wholly grateful to a Higher Power for leading me to a spiritual rebirth.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Renaissance through my Higher Power.

RosieNKY
on 12/21/10 3:24 pm - Owensboro, KY
Topic: RE: Bipolar
 Thank you everyone for your input.  SInce I posted this thread, I have found doctors who are willing to perform the surgeon on someone who is bipolar, AND my psychiatrist is going to have me go through a psych eval. to try to rule out bipolar.  I am ok with the results no matter what they are.  I know that I can still have the surgery, and hopefully lead a normal life bipolar or not.
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/10 7:24 am - North Bay, Canada
I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder 5 years ago and had wls last year my psychatrist was actually that one who made the referal to the suregone . There shouldn't be a problem as long as you are stable and willing to keep taking your meds . That is what they told me . Good luck.
jenzfreedom
on 12/18/10 1:03 am - VA
 Wow, somebody else whos going through what I am, I can't say that this surgery has ruined my life (I had it in 03) but it has affected my health in so many ways!  I also turned to alcohol instead of food, and i am now suffering from chronic pain (another reason to drink).  I am depressed and scard!  I haven"t been on this forum since after I had my surgery but since my surgery I have developed an obsession with alcohol, lost my mother, gotten divorced, gotten a dui, filed for bankrupcy and basically fallen apart.  Not sure if its lifes misfortune or something of my own doing!!  I feel your pain and hope that u as well as anyone else that is experiencing this finds the help we need!  I commend u on opening up and talking about this, it makes me feel that i am not alone!
RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/17/10 8:31 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY

I'm learning -- all too slowly, at times -- that when I give up the losing battle of trying to run my life in my own way, I gain abiding peace and deep serenity.  For many of us, that learning process is a painfully slow one.  Eventually, however, we understand that there are only two wills in the world, my will and God's.  Whatever is within my direct control is my will; whatever is beyond my direct control is His will.  So I try to accept that which is beyond my control as God's will for me.  AM I BEGINNING TO REALIZE THAT BY SURRENDERING MY WILL TO THE DIVINE WILL, I AM FOR THE FIRST TIME LIVING WITHOUT TURMOIL AND WITHOUT ANXIETY?

TODAY I PRAY

May I hope that my will can be congruent with the all-encompassing will of God.  I pray that I will know immediately if my will is in a useless tug-of-war with His Divine Will.  May I trust God now to guide my will according to his Master Plan --  and to make His purpose mine.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Achievement comes when my will is in harmony with God's.

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY
TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CANNOT CHANGE
THE COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS I CAN
AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE!

Donna K.
on 12/12/10 11:49 pm - ME
If your bipolar disorder is well controlled with medication, it shouldn't be a problem as long as your psych provider is willing to write a letter.
Peace & Love, Donna K.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views