Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/6/11 1:18 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

01/06 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

"As individuals and as a fellowship," Bill W. continued, "we shall surely suffer if we cast the whole idea of planning for tomorrow into a fatuous idea of providence.  God's real providence has endowed us human beings with a considerable capability for foresight, and He evidently expects us to use it.  Of course, we shall often miscalculate the future in whole or in part, but that is better than to refuse to think at all."  HAVE I BEGUN TO BELIEVE THAT I AM ONLY AN ACTOR IN A PLAY WHICH THE MANAGER DIRECTS?

TODAY I PRAY

May I make prudent use of the foresight and power of choice which God has given me, to plan wisely, one Step at a time, without becoming a slave to apprehension, regret or anxiety.  I pray that God's will be done through the exercising of my own will, which He, in His goodness, has given me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

God wills my will to be.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

mandajolyn
on 1/4/11 3:09 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: getting medications in right after surgery??
I was taking mine the day after surgery. I'm on quite a few and was able to swallow them with a few sips of water. It took a few minutes but was fine. If you take anything that's XR or delayed release you may need to switch to a non XR form.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

KristieA
on 1/3/11 12:30 pm - Orillia, Canada
Hi
Not sure if you still need more info. Definitely make sure your surgeon knows. Depending on what you are having done your Meds may not be absorbed as well as before surgery. If your Meds are timed released (eg XR or XL). You may have to switch to the regular type. Some/most Meds can be 'compounded' by a pharmacy into a liquid form as well.

Best of luck
K
luvkisses4k
on 12/30/10 10:19 am - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Topic: RE: Having This Surgery Destroyed My Life
Ann - have a discussion with your shrink.  YOu've made a great choice in surgeries (VSG) for the intake of the meds.  That's why I choose VSG too.  I talked to my shrink and therapist for a long time before deciding to go forward with any kind of surgery and I am going into this with the beleif that it will help my depression.

As for everyone else, sorry to hear that you are going thru this but one of the things that my shrink told me she sees in WLS patients (treatment after surgery) is in addicition transfer.  There is some addiction there and food was it until they took the food out of the picture because you just couldn't eat it.  So you had to find something else to help you with what was troubling you.  It sounds like a lot of people turn to alchohol.

luvkisses4k
on 12/30/10 10:11 am - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with
Hi Ann

I had the same concerns with my Cymbalta and Busbar and Klonipin.  I stressed to my surgeon how important it was to get at least these medications of all the meds that I take.  He just told me to remind him on the day of surgery and he would put it in my chart.

I didn't get meds until the day after surgery, which was fine - I only missed one dose.  Before I could even say anything to the nurses about my meds, one of the doctors was running after the nurse to get that medicine into me asap!!  They were able to provide a smaller pill (had to take 2) that was smaller.

Also, during my pre-op, I stressed to the nurse how important it was to get the meds and I was able to take all my morning meds with a little bit of water.

Good Luck with your surgery!
Kelli

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/29/10 10:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY
My life before coming to The Program was not unlike the lives of so many of us who were cruelly buffeted and tormented by the power of our addictions.  For years, I had been sick and tired.  When I became sick and tired of being sick and tired, I finally surrendered and came to The Program.  Now I realize that I had been helped all along by a Higher Power; it was He, indeed, who allowed me to live so that I could eventually find a new way of life.  SINCE MY AWAKENING, HAVE I FOUND A MEASURE OF SERENITY PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN IN MY LIFE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I realize that my Higher Power has not suddenly come into my life like a stranger opening a door when I knocked.  The Power has been there all along, if I will just remember how many brushes with disaster I have survived by a fraction of time or distance.  Now that I have come to know my Higher Power better, I realize that I must have been saved for something -- for helping others like me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am grateful to be alive and recovering.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/28/10 9:27 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

The success of The Program, I've been taught, lies in large measure in the readiness and willingness of its members to go to any lengths to help others tyrannized by their addictions.  If my readiness and willingness cools, then I stand in danger of losing all that I've gained.  I must never become unwilling to give away what I have, for only by so doing will I be privileged to keep it.  DO I TAKE TO HEART THE SAYING,  "Out of self into God into others..."?

TODAY I PRAY

May I never be too busy to answer a fellow addict's call for help.  May I never become so wound up in my pursuits that I forget that my own continuing recovery depends on that helping -- a half-hour or so on the telephone, a call in person, a lunch date, whatever the situation calls for.  May I know what my priorities must be.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Helping helps me.

anninva
on 12/27/10 11:06 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: getting medications in right after surgery??
hi all!  new to this forum and can't believe i didn't find it until today, a little under two weeks until my surgery.

i'm going in 1/10 and starting to freak a little.  one thing i'm worried about is getting all my psych meds in.  i'm on a bunch, but the ones i'm worried about most are the klonopin (which i can chew up, so i guess that's not so bad) and the zoloft b/c i know you can get sick if you miss doees of ssri's.

anyone have ideas about this??? thanks!  glad to find a place to work on all this stuff.  i don't really relish the depression that i hear hits after the surgery . . .

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

anninva
on 12/27/10 10:52 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Topic: RE: Having This Surgery Destroyed My Life
sounds awful you guys.  i'm going to be on the look-out for mh probs after surgery, since i already have a major depression/anxiety disorder/ptsd problem.  i am defnitely scared about things like getting my medications in and not missing doses.  i just hope this doesn't all send me into a tailspin when i don't have food to lean on.  that's my main fear right now.  alcohol makes me throw up (alcoholic mother) so i don't think it will be that, but afraid of klonopin use and just major freak out.

will definitely be watching this space!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

RHONDA FROM KY
on 12/27/10 9:18 pm, edited 12/27/10 9:33 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
The Program, for me, is not a place nor a philosophy, but a highway to freedom.  The highway leads me toward the goal of a "spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps."  The highway doesn't get me to the goal as quickly as I sometimes wish, but I try to remember that God and I work from different timetables.  But the goal is there, and I know that the Twelve Steps will help me reach it.  HAVE I COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT I  -- AND ANYONE -- CAN NOW DO WHAT I HAD ALWAYS THOUGHT IMPOSSIBLE?

TODAY I PRAY
As I live The Program, may I realize more and more that it is a means to an end rather than an end in itself.  May I keep in mind that the kind of spirituality it calls for is never complete, but is the essence of change and growth, a drawing nearer to an ideal state.  May I be wary of setting time-oriented goals for myself to measure my spiritual progress.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Timetables are human inventions.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1703 views