Recent Posts

md131s
on 2/11/11 1:46 am
Topic: RE: Could depression be contagious?

Thanks MSW.

Sometimes you have to ask yourself these silly questions to get some perspective or perhaps humor out of a bad situation. 

M.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/11/11 1:11 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

I can always take strength and comfort from knowing I belong to a worldwide fellowship.  Hundreds and hundreds of thousands, just like myself, are working together for the same purpose.  None of us needs to ever be alone again, because each of us in our own way works for the good of others.  We are bound together by a common problem that can be solved by love and understanding and mutual service.  The Program -- like the little wheel in the old hymn -- runs by the grace of God.  HAVE I THANKED GOD TODAY FOR HELPING ME TO FIND THE PROGRAM, WHICH IS SHOWING ME THE WAY TO A NEW LIFE?

TODAY I PRAY

May my thanks be lifted to God each day for dispelling my self-inflicted loneliness, for warming my stoicism, for leading me to the boundless fund of friendship in The Program.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I have a world of friends.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

robinfrommilw
on 2/10/11 12:13 pm - WI
Topic: RE: wellbutrin vs wellbutrin sr or bupropion
I have notice 30 min after taking the regular form side effects, sweating, nervous, shaky but it goes away after a awhile but just dont' like that feeling. I am having insomina as well. I usually try to take it at 5 am and 5 pm and still have trouble falling asleep. Have you try the SR form? Do you see a difference between the regular and extended release or the SR? 
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

MSW will not settle
on 2/10/11 11:51 am
Topic: RE: wellbutrin vs wellbutrin sr or bupropion
I took wellbutrin 150 for years pre op and post op.  Generic buproprion, brand name, extended release and regular.  I have not had an issue with any of them. 

I was told the same about extended release meds and rny.  However, my surgeon reviewed and ok'd all my extended release meds to be continued post op unless they were problematic.   In two years none had to be changed due to rny. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

MSW will not settle
on 2/10/11 11:44 am
Topic: RE: Could depression be contagious?
I'm no mental health expert but I have seen depression from both sides.  You don't catch it from others.  However, the burden of dealing with him can certainly lead you into your own depression.  Other people can bring you down. 

I once had a friend in a similar situation but thankfully no kids.  His shrink told her she could not leave because of his fragile state.  There was no one to give a damn about the life being drained out of her. 

She endured years of this including his Christmas Eve suicide attemp.  Then one day she addressed his shrink as "look bubb" and proceeded to tell him where to shove his progress report.  Prepare him to be on his own or reserve him a room in the looney bin was her directive.  She went home and put dh on notice.  She saw were she was headed and refused to allow him take her down.    

I hope you find what's best for you and your children.  I also hope he gets the help he needs but that part is up to him.  Best wishes. 

MSW   Roux-En-Y Gastric Bypass: Eat sensibly & enjoy moderation  

Links:  Are you a compulsive eater?  for help OA meets on-line Keep Coming Back, One Day At a Time  Overeaters Anonymous 

LV'N MY RNY.  WORKING FOR ME BECAUSE I WORK FOR IT. 

md131s
on 2/10/11 10:26 am
Topic: Could depression be contagious?
I've been battling depression for years. I've been carrying, taking care of my daughters father for 5 going on 6 years. He will not work, go look for a job or seek training to get a job. When his last job went out of business 5 years ago he would not even apply for unemployment.

He's  just too depress to get out of  bed and do anything for himself. When I complain about his actions he turn them around on me and say that I have the problem. He is fine. Well I've been carrying his weight along with a child/teenage with special needs. I threatened to kick him out, leave him at a shelter, tried to be understanding but all the problems again lay on my shoulders  AGAIN.  I have the problem. He is fine ....

Both my daughter and myself are living under this cloud of his depression. It is difficult dealing with my own. Not only depression... comes his negativity about every little aspect of our life.

Yesterday, I decided to move into my daughter's room. One night in a seperate bed, I feel different. The cloud/fog has lifted and I see thing clearly. I do not feel overwhelmed like my legs and arms are tied. 

I am looking for insight... any.

M.

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 10:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/27/09 with
(deactivated member)
on 2/9/11 10:08 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/27/09 with
samtq
on 2/9/11 9:42 am - Ottawa, Canada
Topic: Looking For a Therapist - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I am looking for a recommendation for one that specializes in emotional eating or eating disorders.

Thanks. 
“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.? --John “the Penguin? Bingham 
There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. ~ Nelson Mandela

HW: 247.5/SW: 228.5/CW:135/ My GW: 140/SGW: 151
Ginny F.
on 2/6/11 7:55 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: RE: Having This Surgery Destroyed My Life
I hope that everyone is finding the help that they need.  I am STILL really struggling with this issue.  It is SOOOO hard!!
 "Many of us crucify ourselves between two thieves - regret for the past and fear of the future"
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1702 views