Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/26/11 10:52 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: emotional rollarcoaster
(((( Farmgirl58 ))))  vent away if you like..  others on here may or may not jump in.  Sorry you are having such a struggle.  I hope/pray that your appointment with the psychologist helps greatly.  I think that is was very wise to open up to your physician and allow them to help you.. even if it was a break down and maybe not your intent.   You are not alone.. many of us have a hard time adjusting to LIFE and what it brings to us.  A cry out for help is NEVER anything to be ashamed of, but actually an act of COURAGE!

~~hugsss~~

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/26/11 10:47 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: A DAY AT A TIME

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

If I live just one day at a time, I won't so quickly entertain fears of what might happen tomorrow.  As long as I'm concentrating on today's activities, there won't be room in my mind for worrying.  I'll try to fill every minute of this day with something good -- see, heard, accomplished.  Then, when the day is ended, I'll be able to look back on it with satisfaction, serenity and gratitude.  Do I sometimes cherish bad feelings so that I can feel sorry for myself?

TODAY I PRAY

That I will get out of the self-pity act and live for today.  May I notice the good things from dawn to nightfall, learn to talk about them and thank God for them.  May I catch myself if I seem to be relishing my moans and complaints more often than appreciating the goodness of my life.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Today is good.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Farmgirl58
on 2/25/11 12:40 am - AL
Topic: emotional rollarcoaster
Hello dear friends, not sure if this is the site I need to refer to on occassion, but am having a really bad time with depression and emotional eating...
I have had the realize band surgery almost two years ago, needed to lose approx 115 lbs...so far have lost about 58.  By this date I should have had at least 75% of my excess weight off, but due to emotional problems and LIFE, have been at a platue for over 6 months.
What I am looking for is a sounding board to vent my frustrations, disappointments and failures in life.  I am having problems with work, relationships, and most of all finances.  I broke down in my doctors office yesterday, and they were really great folks.  They listened and got me an appointment to see a psychologist who specializes in WLS emotional problems.  I wake up crying, go to bed crying, have sad thoughts during the day and start crying...I HATE FEELING THIS WAY!! 
I will be seeing the psyc. this coming week.  But I do need a venting formun to get stuff off my mind...seems like thoughts and feelings get stuck and  can't let go! 
Thank you for listening.  I am sure this too shall pass like gas! LOL
Farmgirl58
Patricia R.
on 2/24/11 12:45 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: zoloft and weight gain?
I was on it a few years before my WLS, and I noticed it did not help me with the weight loss when I attempted to diet.  Most psych meds cause weight gain, or increased appetite.  My best suggestion is, go back to basics and increase exercise.  Zoloft does not have to be a guarantee of weight gain.  Just be diligent in your diet, and step up the exercise.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/24/11 1:24 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

I can banish fear by realizing the truth.  Am I afraid to be alone?  This fear can be banished by the realization that I am never alone, that God is always with me wherever I am and whatever I do.  Am I afraid that I won't have enough money to meet my needs?  This fear can be banished by the realization that God is my inexhaustible, unfailing resource, now and always.  Today I have the power to change fear into faith.  CAN I SAY WITH CONFIDENCE, "I WILL TRUST, AND WILL NOT BE AFRAID.. " ?

TODAY I PRAY

That I may fear no evil, for God is with me.  That I may learn to turn to my Higher Power when I am afraid.  I pray diligently that my faith in God and trust in what He has in store for me is strong enough to banish the fears that undermine my courage.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Turn fear into faith.

toccaralynn
on 2/24/11 12:59 am
Topic: RE: zoloft and weight gain?
I was curious about this too, seeing as how I just started taking it last week. I haven't noticed any difference in it helping or gaining weight. Best of Luck to you

Lisie318
on 2/23/11 12:04 pm - VA
Topic: RE: Need mental health help...haven't posted here before.
 Hey Chad. IM sorry yuor having auch a rough time . Im not married but have delt with atlot of relationship issues. I had a teacher suggest the book  Five Love Languages by Dr. Gary Chapman. His work is amazing. I find that the book gives you ways to please your partner by finding out what they complain about the most and using it to your advantage. From readin your post i believe you may be  an acts of service type of person. Check it out. I dont know if this is going to help with the sex issue but maybe itll help in some way!
Angelica M.
on 2/23/11 9:42 am - Hobart, OK
Topic: zoloft and weight gain?
 hey everyone, i am new to this im 6m post op and already having trouble loosing weight. My doctor today says that i need to go on zoloft and that the side effect is weight gain or GI issues. is anyone on this and can let me know if i will just be packin on the weight again or if there is hope. 
Patricia R.
on 2/22/11 1:31 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: a shrink trying to shrink
When I avail myself of the support group at my hospital, I benefit.  Most of the people I know who attend it benefit.

I have never started one, but understand your desire to do so.  You would certainly benefit.

Good luck.

Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

nfarris79
on 2/21/11 8:46 am - Germantown, MD
Topic: RE: Having This Surgery Destroyed My Life
 Ann,
Did you ever find someone to go to? I'm not exactly close - Gaithersburg,MD - but it's good to stay connected to those in need.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 771 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 995 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1702 views