Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/11 2:12 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone on Zyprexa and having WLS??
 I was on Zyprex a while back and gained about 20 lbs on it, with lapband and all.  
wharffrat
on 5/16/11 1:05 am - NJ
Topic: RE: A DAY AT A TIME
thank you
341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

sjbob
on 5/14/11 2:33 am - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: RE: Depressed over mini marathon
 I took a look at your profile and see that you've been through a lot already.  Perhaps you should be thankful for being able to walk as much as you want to for recreational purposes.  I suppose the mini marathon may have been a charity walk/run.  You may want to try doing charity walks of shorter distances.

I have extreme difficulty walking and now use a walker.  I'll be having a challenge later today when I go to my brother's and have to attempt to go up a few steps.  I've avoided going to his house for a couple of years but today is my nephew's graduation from college.  My brother said he'll help me get in.  

It is frustrating seeing other people do what you would really want to do.  Strangely enough, my knees seem to be worse now than even a few years ago.  But, then again, my docs told me I wouldn't have lived more than a couple of years if I hadn't had the RNY.

You may want to console yourself by walking in nearby parks.  My county opened a couple new ones in the past year and I plan to go there more often.
RHONDA FROM KY
on 5/13/11 4:58 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Alcoholism
I had a problem prior too.. but it escalated after WLS (RNY).  I have been sober since November 2006..   by the grace of God. 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

shellbell4955
on 5/13/11 12:41 am - GA
Topic: Anyone on Zyprexa and having WLS??
Anyone out there gain a lot of weight on zyprexa but is still taking it after wls surgery let me know how that is working for u please.

Shelley Belley
wharffrat
on 5/12/11 1:01 pm - NJ
Topic: RE: Alcoholism
I just celebrated 21 years of sobriety on May 10th.
I am scheduled for LapBand Surgery on 6/1/2011.

I have shared with my friends in recovery and my doctors about my sobriety.

I have had kidney stones in the past, and needed pain meds.
But with the right intentions, help of friends and my high power, it did not cause me to fall into a relapse.

I am happy to see there are other FOBs  (Friends of Bill) here on this forum.

And if you have a problem or think you may or just want to talk about it, drop me a line...

Keep It Simple,

Chuck
341lbs start journey weight / 325 lbs surgery day weight    
Realize Band Surgery preformed on  6/1/2011
My sharing here on OH is from my own experience, strength, & hope.  I am not a medical professional.  Doctors and medical professional know best and their directions should be followed.

Patricia R.
on 5/12/11 7:48 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: help!

Two suggestions for you.  One, attend Overeaters Anonymous, which uses the 12 Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous to help compulsive overeaters.  I attended them for about 14 years, concurrently with my AA participation for alcoholism.

The other suggestion would be to post on the Crossing Over to Transfer Addictions forum for support there. 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/crossingtotransferaddiction s/discussion/

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

sjbob
on 5/10/11 9:16 am - Willingboro, NJ
Topic: RE: help!
 we can be adicted to any "food."  My problem foods are ice cream or pretzels.  Basically, I'm a junk food junkie.  I've been able to stop my addictions for a few months at a time only a few times in the last 30-40 years.  

My best suggestion is to buy the smallest amount possible.  I know that we value a good sale, but in the long run, the cost of buying a larger bag is higher as far as calories concumed.  I have trouble with this myself.  I'm not used to looking for a bad deal.  

I worked froma workbook last yeasr dealing with strategies to use on any diet.  One that may work for you is to delay having the food you want for a few minutes.  Try to think of something else to do.  You may lose the desire to have the addicting food right then.
angeldore
on 5/10/11 12:00 am
Topic: help!
I was told to come here due to my addicttion to CHEEZ ITS, I am FOR REAL, SERIOUSLY addictted to those damn little things. I honestly dont know how to stop. I've tried cold turkey, but if I do that, if I want something bad enough (after obsessing over it for hours), I WILL go out & buy them. What do I do? Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Angelic

severman
on 5/9/11 2:41 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: Depressed over mini marathon
 Why is it that every time I train to walk in the mini marathon, I end up in the hospital?  I worked my butt off to get ready for it!  It was soooo hard to cheer on my sister and best friend.  Why even try anymore?

Stephanie E
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views