Recent Posts

JazzyOne9254
on 8/11/12 7:41 pm
Topic: RE: 5th day out, cymbalta being absorbed?
I have taken cymbalta for years, not only for depression but for fibromyalgia pain before the FDA even approved it for that!  I also have lupus.

I'm 3 1/2 years out with my duodenal switch, and I did not have to increase dosage of any of my Rx drugs. 

You didn't say whether you had a duodenal switch or RNY.  I have the DS, and it is much more malabsorptive than the RNY, and I haven't had any problems.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

Caidkin
on 7/22/12 12:15 pm - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
Topic: RE: Bi-Polar
 Best response ever!!
Just had my RNY on 7.2.12!!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!         
Amy W.
on 7/22/12 5:02 am - Buckeye, AZ
Topic: RE: my husband has bi polar
I'm bipolar and have BPD also (along with a laundry list of other disorders). When I'm in my rage I just want people to leave me alone. If they react to my anger then it makes it 5x worse. If someone tells me to "calm down" it makes it even worse. 
You should ask your husband (when he's in a "normal" mood) if when he's having a "moment" does he want you to try to comfort him, hear him out (& talk through the feelings) or just let him have his space. Sometimes I need all.

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Amy W.
on 7/22/12 4:52 am - Buckeye, AZ
I'm bipolar. Surgery hasn't changed anything. I'm still just f*cked up as ever. ;) 

5" 7' -  HW: 328 Current: I stay around 155 :) 
"...Because when you stop and look around, this life is pretty amazing."

Caidkin
on 7/20/12 11:14 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
 My bff is clinically diagnosed bipolar and had no problem getting wls.  I will say she feels much better about herself but does not take her meds how she is supposed to so I can't comment on how she is pre/post op.
Caidkin
on 7/20/12 11:10 am - Canandaigua, NY
RNY on 07/02/12
Topic: RE: anxiety disorder
 You poor thing!!! It's probably both... But your job sounds toxic.  Anything you can do about it?  I have a panic disorder for about 15 yrs now.  It sucks... But being proactive and recognizing when there is a problem is the best thing to do... And it sounds like you are taking the right direction going to a psy.  Hang in there and use the atavan in the meantime :)
strawberrylove
on 7/20/12 9:17 am - Gibbons, Canada
 why would they decline if you are bi-polar?
I hope I'm not getting the run around.....
Maybe different in Canada?  
strawberrylove
on 7/20/12 9:15 am - Gibbons, Canada
Topic: RE: lithium
 yeah, bi-polar and borderline schizophrenic is what I am
I talked to the internalst, and like you said, they are more concerned with the cholesterol and sugars and what not....
She said that everything looks good, just get to meet with their "head" team.  I truly love meeting with head doctors, though this time I want to succeed so, no "head games' from me
I like to analyze there questions....
It sometimes gets tiring being on the end of all the questions, lol
I know they are only doing their job
But that's for the support, its nice to know that there is somewhere I can ask questions too.
Mental health is a disease no different than the overweight disease.
Just wish there was not such a stigmatized on it all the time....  
Miss_Kitty
on 7/18/12 11:45 am - New Bedford, MA
Topic: RE: anxiety disorder
You may want to google Post Surgical Depression. It has allot of info that may help. Sorry I couldn't help any further.

Do you see the glass as half empty or half full? I say, what difference does it make--I paid for a full glass,so either way I am getting jipped!!!

Nixie76
on 7/18/12 7:58 am
RNY on 04/10/12
Topic: anxiety disorder
before my surgey I had occasional panic attacks but post surgery they are getting worse and worse. My job is a huge part of it, I get sick on sunday nights at the thought of going to work the next day. I stay up later and later so that morning doesn't come. I get a sinking feeling when i'm driving into work, my chest gets tight, i feel like I want to cry. I completely despise my job and the high pressure environment of what I do here (sales). I want to run away from it an never look back. I've made an appointment for a psychiatrist I see on the 30th. Did anyone else have symptoms that worsened after surgery? do you think its really my job or is it my hormones making me irrational? I'm taking ativan right now to survive till the psych appt (prescribed by my surgeon after a tearful breakdown in his office)
-"Make the decision, then do something - no matter how small - toward accomplishing what you want"-
-"What would you attempt, if you knew you could not fail?"-

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views