Recent Posts

its-killen-me
on 11/14/12 1:59 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Topic: RE: Depression

Hi Suzie, thanks for replying.  I have been taking venlafaxine 300mgs for a long time now.  I was taking that plus citalipram 50 mgs also for about a year.  The venlafaxine helps some but not enough to make me function as I should.  I just don't have the energy to even shower some days.  I don't cook for myself, and put off cleaning and washing clothes as long as possible.  I have at times hired a cleaner to come and help out.  I have been off work for over 2 years and the thought of going back totally terrifies me, I know I would not last a week, I would be sleeping in and be unable to function.  I would get fired.  I also have sleep apnea and am waiting to get into the sleep evaluation clinic so they can re-set the power of my cpap machine.  The machine helps with energy a little but not enough.  Have you found that you are happier after you had your surgery.  I expected the surgery to make enough of a difference on my life that this depression would lift.   It is still here.  

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
swoozieq67
on 11/12/12 12:05 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
Topic: RE: anxiety disorder

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I thought that I was the only person that felt this way. I have had more jobs than I can remember and I have felt this way many, many times.

I seriously wanted to drive off of the road just so that I would not have to go to work! I am in the process of going through psychotherapy once a week and getting my medications adjusted...again!

My husband does not want me to look for a new job, I am currently unemployed by choice. I feel guilty for not having an income. My psychiatrist and my therapist have said that I should not be looking for work either. They want me to focus on getting better. I am considering filing for SSDI because I have a very long history of mental illness. For well over 20 years and I was told that because of the chemical imbalance in my brain and my suicidal tendancies that I would most likely be approved.

I hope that you start to feel better.

swoozieq67
on 11/11/12 11:57 pm - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
Topic: RE: afraid my psych history will stop my surgery

I felt the same way when it was time for my psych evaluation. Don't stress over it.

The psychiatrist will most likely ask you questions about your health and mental health history, be honest. They will also ask you about the type of WLS that you are going to have. They will ask you if you understand the lifestyle changes, what do you expect your outcome to be after surgery and so on.

They generally want to make sure that you understand the procedure, the reason for the surgery and that you know about all of the changes that you will need to make.

Good luck and keep me posted.

swoozieq67
on 11/11/12 11:39 pm - MI
RNY on 04/25/12
Topic: RE: Depression

I have recurring major depressive disorder that has been ongoing for well over 20 years. I have tried to commit suicide twice and have been in treatment with therapy and psychiatrists over the years.

I have just recently started seeing a new psychiatrist and I was told that I will need to take medications for the rest of my life because it is genetic and my brain is not balanced chemically.

I have been taking Lexapro 40 mg twice a day which is twice what is recommended per day. My psych doctor has asked me to take only 1 Lexapro 40 mg and a Cymbalta 60 mg for the next week and then the following week I will take 2 Cymbalta 60 mg per day. Hopefully this will help me out.

I had RNY on April 25 2012. I feel that on MOST days that I just cannot get it together which makes me feel guilty which of course, makes me feel worse!

As for how long an "episode" lasts, I do not really have an answer for that. I have been in a really bad funk for about 2 months already and I do not feel as though I am getting any better.

Susie

its-killen-me
on 11/8/12 8:58 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
Topic: Depression

I have been diagnosed with having a major depressive episode.  This has been over 2 years now.  It is called an episode so I assume it has an end.  How long can these episodes last? 

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Medicmomma
on 11/4/12 7:23 am - Clear Lake, MN
Topic: afraid my psych history will stop my surgery

I have not had my consultation yet but I am afraid that they will not do the surgery with my history. I have been on and off meds since i was 13 (27 now). Main issues are severe depression, borderline personality, anxiety, and PTSD.  Last dec had a break and was hospitalized and have been up and down since. Did anyone have any problems with their history? Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

LisaH1972
on 11/2/12 5:57 am
Topic: RE: I have bipolar 1 and addiction issues, feeling pretty lonely and hopeless
You will, you have to have hope. I have bipolar also but since my surgery which is a yesr this month i have been doing so much better. Be careful with the lithium and seraquel they will make you wanna eat.
Burr234
on 10/30/12 4:12 am - Endicott, NY
Topic: I have bipolar 1 and addiction issues, feeling pretty lonely and hopeless

Hi everyone. I had WLS 2005 when I was 19. Im now 27. I was diagnosed with Bipolar a few years before that. Today, I see a psychiatrist who prescribes me 300mg lithium 2x a day, 20mg lexapro, 25mg seroquel and 400mg nuerotin 4x a day, Sometimes I take more nuerotin than Im prescribed. This is the only drug I am misusing right now. I am involved with AA, I have a sponsor, go to meetings and preform service. I am still miserable. I just want to get through one day without feeling like dying. Will I ever wake up wanting to live through the day. HELP!

alinepenna
on 10/23/12 9:56 pm
Topic: RE: Anorexia/Bulimia after WLS
Hello!
I found very interesting this post and I´d like to invite any of you to participate of a Brazilian TV Show, that we'll record in US, in English about this kind of experiences. It would be very interesting if we could get an interview with you too, Tamara.
I am a brazilian TV producer and I'm producing a TV show called "Caminhos da Reportagem" :
http://tvbrasil.ebc.com.br/caminhosdareportagem

Next month, we will discuss about Eating Disorders in the program, and we would like to have some information about it from another country's point of view, like in USA. We would like to know how media in USA deals with this subject, how the risks of WSL surgery are disclosed, and it would be very interesting if we could get an interview with someone like you all, who had those experiences you've described.
We have a reporter who is already in USA (he's in Miami, Florida) and we are looking for someone which could talk about that, which get interested in giving us some kind of testimony, some information about that for our journalistic TV show.
Actually, we were looking for someone who could help us in Miami, but no problem if it was in somewhere else.
Could you help us, maybe? Or perhaps, would you have any suggestion?
Thanks a lot anyway!
Yours sincerely,

LisaH1972
on 10/21/12 4:54 am
Topic: RE: Bi-Polar
I have bi-polar, anxiety and depression. My surgery will be a year next month in November. I feel so much better, Im not on as many meds as I used to be or the dosage. So yes I do feel way better after surgery.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views