Recent Posts

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/12/12 4:44 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
Topic: RE: anxiety disorder

Thanks for sharing this. I, too, thought I was the only one who cried before going to work and cried on the drive home. I wish I had known how miserable public service jobs are before I planned my careers! I would have been a technician of some kind, working alone in a back room and never being around people. Although there are always bosses and coworkers to suffer with...

Sounds like you're getting the help you need. Good for you. But if it's possible, get training or experience in a less stressful field! Like shark-wrestling.

(My dad was a salesman all his life. He loved it, but had multiple disease, all stress-related. His doctor told him he had to quit sales and get a job in a mill or anything except sales or he would die young. Daddy chose to die young. Stress can kill.)

Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/12/12 4:35 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12
Topic: RE: Depression

I've had that scraped out, total lack of will and energy situation. It is pretty sucky. Mine has thus far--knock wood--subsided after a while, and being physically lighter enables me to do some chores like bathing and picking up the house. Being dirty makes my depression worse, as it probably does to you, but it feels as if it takes superhuman effort to clean anything, right?

Your depression has gone on for longer than average. Keep working at it. A good therapist and a psychiatrist plus maybe a support group or group therapy will help. Sometimes taking baby steps is a good approach. Don't expect yourself to perform miracles overnight. Miracles do happen, but they can take time. I'm glad your sadness and crying symptoms have gotten better, at least!

its-killen-me
on 12/11/12 12:57 pm - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

I have been on Venlafaxine for over 2 years now and was on Citalapram for about a year during that time.   This depression is now 26 months.  I do feel I had a nervous breakdown or as my councellor calls it a severe stress injury in the early stages of my depression, at that time I was crying as soon as I woke up in the morning.  That has slowed down with the help of medication, but most all other symptoms of depression are still present.  I am starting to think I may never get better, any stressful situation takes me 3 or 4 days to recover from.  I wondered if there were other folks like me that didn't even have the energy to shower.  I hate not being clean and having my house messy.  I will see if my psyciatrist thinks another medication might help.  Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Dagne Tripplehorn
on 12/11/12 4:12 am - OR
RNY on 04/06/12

Maybe I could pay someone to shower for me. 

LOL!

I totally hear you.

I got mad, anxious, and depressed when my weight loss screeched to a halt at four months out. It's not really working, and now I'm too effed up to stick to my eating plan. I'm on citalopram, 40 mg/day. It does help with depression, but now I need something for anxiety. And mental hunger. God, I wish I could start smoking again. But I'd probably eat the cigarettes.

According to a study published in the British Journal of Psychiatry, major depressive episodes lasted from 3 to 21 months. About half of the subjects recovered in three to six months.

We're not alone!

LSTchange
on 12/2/12 3:09 am - GA
VSG on 10/02/12
Topic: RE: I have bipolar 1 and addiction issues, feeling pretty lonely and hopeless

I've been living with the diagnosis of bipolar disorder for the last 15 years, and there have been some truly dark periods along the way. I can say for certain that lithium and seroquel were two of the worst drugs I ever took. If they work for you, that's wonderful, but they put me in "zombie mode" for over a year, and I gained half a person in weight. Lamictal, which is weight neutral and not quite so muddy feeling, has been the key for me. Also, in anticipation of my surgery, I joined a DBT group earlier this year. The group has done wonders for me. First, it gets me out and talking with others. Next, the mindfulness skills, distress tolerance strategies, and emotional regulation skills have been amazing. I am much better at recognizing my symptoms, analyzing them, and making a constructive plan. I wish you the best.

Mimiterri
on 11/29/12 11:07 am - Claremore, OK
RNY on 02/27/12
Topic: Anyone take mini press for anxiety?
My doctor gave me a prescription for mini press it's a capsule just wondering if anyone had taken this medication after Surgery?

its-killen-me
on 11/29/12 2:14 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12

I am not sorry I had my surgery, and I am glad it is working.  I just thought I would be more excited and happy about the weight loss.  I actually don't care much about what I look like, I don't care much about anything.  Nothing excites me anymore.  If I won a lottery I think I would have to sleep for a week.  Maybe I could pay someone to shower for me. Barb

Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
Burr234
on 11/26/12 12:46 am - Endicott, NY
Topic: RE: I have bipolar 1 and addiction issues, feeling pretty lonely and hopeless
Jazzy,

Wow! Thanks for your reply. I have an issue with alcohol and drugs. I'm trying to find and connect with my higher power.
JazzyOne9254
on 11/25/12 11:10 pm

You state that  you are bipolar I and you are involved with AA. Are you really an alcoholic, or is that the only 12 step available to you?

Sometimes mental health professionals will tell you AA just because the steps and traditions work. If you are still miserable, maybe alcohol is not the issue.  I was pointed that way when my problem had absolutely nothing to do with alcohol, but involved other drugs. 

12 step programs are not for everybody, just like any other treatment.  Find what works for you.  I suspect, that like me, you simply need another human being in your life that will be non-judgemental and love you unconditionally. 

Being starved for human companionship is probably the most painful feeling a person can experience, especially in a society where it seems everyone is coupled up and the assumption is that everyone has a family.   I know it's that way for me. 

I keep trying to figure out and fix whatever it is that is wrong with me.   I figure it must be me, since it seems everyone else in the world has someone.   I and my insurance companies have probably spent hundreds of thousands of dollars over the past several years trying to find that ever-elusive answer.

I'm now trying to learn to accept the unacceptable - aloneness.

I hope things get better for you. Though I don't have any answers, I do understand what you're going through.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

swoozieq67
on 11/15/12 8:23 am - MI
RNY on 04/25/12

I can honestly say that I did not inherit the "I am so happy now that I am losing weight" symptom of RNY. lol

I seriously feel just like you have described...I feel as though I cannot function. I am sitting here in bed wearing the same thing for going on the 3rd day! I should take a shower and know that I will most likely feel better afterwards...but the thought of doing it simply put, exhausts me!

I am 7 months post op and yes I am having some serious regrets and wondering how in the hell I was able to pass the Psych evaluation to get the surgery in the first place!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views