Recent Posts

DangerousCurves
on 5/23/13 9:03 am
Topic: RE: one month out... depressed and regretting it.

I have had depression and been on medications for years.  Every case is different but I have an idea how you feel.  I had buyers remorse that I couldnt have my none judgeing friend "food" with me post surgery.  Weight comes off and I am healthier but I was in a heavy depression until my body adjusted 5 months post surgery.  It was not quick or easy.  The best thing to do now is what I had to do, accept the consequence of this action. Accept that this is your life now and do the best you can. Tell your docs how you are feeling. Maybe a new med would help but first stop kicking yourself for having life saving surgery and accept what is going on now.

DangerousCurves
on 5/23/13 8:53 am
mogollonaz
on 5/23/13 7:53 am
Topic: RE: Increase Rate of Suicide after Gastric Bypass

I have a daughter who had it and her whole personality changed.  In the years since she has had it she has had so many complications with other body organs and is now using a bypass for urine and bowels.  I cannot begin to tell you how her way of living has changed.  It has hurt so many people in so many ways.  The only place she is safe from doing bad things to herself and others is in an institution.  There is no doubt in my mind that the gastric stapling changed her brain chemical balance and has had devastiting effects on her life and those who love her. 

firedancer722
on 5/22/13 4:29 am
DS on 01/28/13
Topic: RE: Anyone tried Viibryd?
Viibryd did nothing for me. I was switched to Paxil and started feeling better within 10 days. I felt better and better as a few weeks passed.
Chelle6954
on 5/2/13 2:54 am - NC
Topic: RE: psych meds and malabsorption?
Just a quick note- glad you are checking into RNY. I had BPDDS 11 years ago and have had a hard time getting all of my psych meds right due to the malabsorption of my shortened small intestine. In fact, I have been on disability now for 3 years because of this. I am on several meds, just an example being that one of the particular meds , I have to take 9 of to get the amount I need into my bloodstream. I didn't know this would happen or I would have chose RNY. Good luck!
severman
on 5/1/13 11:57 am - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: Anyone tried Viibryd?

My doctor recently started me on Viibryd.  She started me out on 10mg and now has me on 20 mg.  I have been on it for three weeks and haven't noticed any help yet.  I'm trying to stay positive, but it is hard to be patient.  I am also on Abilify for a mood stabiilzer. Anyone else tried either of these or this combo?  I've been on Abilify for years now.  Any feedback is appreciative.

Stephanie E

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/13 11:51 pm
Topic: RE: Wellbutrin

I take Wellbutrin immediate release twice a day, 100 mgs each...I have been taking it for about 2 years and it worked wonders for me!!

ChelseaSunshine
on 4/26/13 3:55 pm - michigan city , IN

I havn't had my surgery yet but I have dealt with depression for years. I would go and talk to your psychiatrist about it and maybe try different meds, it took me a long time to find something that really worked for me, everyone is different. I have had psychiatrists who didn't want to listen to me and try different meds so I switched doctors, you should find someone who is going to listen to what you have to say and give you different options.

mchllchndlr77
on 4/20/13 10:59 pm - Orem, UT
VSG on 04/15/13
Actually, I can't offer any advice. I'm sorry for it, but I would like to offer support somehow. I have a mental disorder that requires some heavy hitting meds that take me most of my morning and evening to get in. I'm only a week post-op, so I'm still liquefying my meds and haven't noticed yet any malabsorption, but I may be in your shoes soon. What have your doctors said? Did you agree with them? Are you too depressed to discuss this with your docs?
poisonring9
on 4/18/13 3:48 pm
Topic: RE: Depression

Wow I just had the surgery a month ago and Ive already been regretting it.  Im sorry youre having these problems, but Im relieved to know Im not alone.  Ive had depression for about 20 years and Im only 30, and Im on a bunch of meds, but they arent absorbing well right now.  What do you do when you just dont feel like drinking the protein or exercising? 

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views