Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/21/09 11:00 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
JULY 21 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
When we're faced with some condition or situation not to our liking, how can we have faith that all things are working together for good?  Perhaps we have to ask ourselves just what is faith.  Faith has its foundation in truth and love.  We can have faith, if we so choose, no matter what the situation.  And, if we so choose, we can expect ultimate good to come forth.  HAVE I MADE MY CHOICE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I be grateful for my God-given ability to make a choice.  Out of this gratitude and my sense of the nearness of God, I have chosen faith.  May the faith, as my chosen way, become strong enough to move mountains, strong enough to keep me free of my compulsion, mighty enough to hold back the tide of temptations which threaten me, optimistic enough to look past my present pain to ultimate good.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
With faith, nothing is impossible.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

susan in sugar land
on 7/21/09 4:13 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
Good message for the day.  Learning to listen and not speak is humbling.  My mom always said "think before you speak".  Took a journey to hell and back to learn that lesson.  Honestly, even if you have no addiction issues AA, in itself, should be taught for life lessons!  Thanks for your daily inspirations.

Susan
RHONDA FROM KY
on 7/20/09 11:06 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
July 20 REFLECTIONS FOR THE DAY

"It is the privilege of wisdom to listen," Oliver Wendell Holmes once wrote.  If I try as hard as I can to cultivate the art of listening -- uncritically and without making premature judgements -- chances are great that I'll progress more rapidly in my recovery.  If I try as hard as I can to listen to the feelings and thoughts expressed --rather than to the "speaker" -- I may be blessed with an unexpectedly helpful idea.  The essential quality of good listening is humility, which reflects the fact that God's voice speaks to us even through the least and most inarticulate of His children.  DOES A HOLIER-THAN-THOU ATTITUDE SOMETIMES CLOSE MY MIND TO THE SHARED SUGGESTIONS OF OTHERS?

TODAY I PRAY
May my Higher Power keep me from being "holier-than-thou" with anyone whose manner or language or opposite point of view or apparent lack of knowledge turns me off to what they are saying.  May I be listening always for the voice of God, which can be heard through the speech of any one of us.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Hear the speech, not the speaker.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Erica Wilson
on 7/20/09 10:55 am - Barberton, OH
Topic: RE: mother in law issues
Well thankfully my husband finally stood up to his mother yesterday and we were all able to sit down and discuss this today. The problem actually came down upon an aunt and my BIL's girlfriend .
Erica Wilson
Totally Worth It.

susan in sugar land
on 7/20/09 12:31 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: RE: mother in law issues
Just a couple of thoughts...you've got a lot going on in your own life, your daughter, your health, etc.  maybe focus on that.  The ONLY thing that you have control over in this life is how you choose to react to any given situation.  Try just being really, really nice (this is hard, trust me I know...I've been with my DH for 28 yrs. and still am very grateful that my MIL is far, far away and hates to leave her surroundings! lol), being calm, nice and not buying into the drama, just for your own sanity, might be an option to try.

I, personally, would let my husband deal with his mother and family but that is just me.  I wish you luck and hope that you find some calmness and grace!  Hugs to you...

Susan
Jill C.
on 7/18/09 7:56 am - Norfolk, VA
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..
You know, The ROLLING STONES do  a great cover of this song..... and for that.... I AM GREATFUL!!

so nice to hear from you last night.... you are a blessing in my life.

I am greatful for so many things, just have to keep that gratitude list going.....not easy at times, as we all know.

Thanks, R.   I truly love you!

J.

xo
beemerbeeper
on 7/18/09 7:38 am - AL
Topic: RE: Psych consult process if you have a mental illness??
I would have loved to have had my treating psychiatrist write a note to the surgeon.  But no, he didn't want to hear from her.  He requires two independent psych evals.  I could understand requiring clearance from the treating psychiatrist (actually I don't understand NOT wanting that), I could understand requiring a more indpeth psych eval, but I don't understand requiring two standard psych evals.

Becky

ZenSharon
on 7/18/09 6:00 am - SW Ohio
Topic: RE: Psych consult process if you have a mental illness??
If you are currently seeking therapy (with a therapist or psychiatrist), your surgeon may request a written clearance from either of them.  That is what my surgeon required.  I simply had my doc write a letter indicating that I was psychologically cleared for surgery and able to make informed decisions.  That is all.

I wish you the best!
reglobv
on 7/18/09 3:34 am - Apple Valley, MN
Topic: RE: Thank you for the overwhelming support!!! (alcohol abuse)
Hi Vanessa, I can completely relate to your experience. I had a high tolerance to alcohol prior to surgery. I've lost a little over 100 pounds in 10 months. I am now struggling everyday with needing to drink! I feel like if I don't drink, I will want to eat.. which is true. When I decide to have a drink, I always say I will have 1 or 2. I end up drinking until I am way past the point of no return. I don't remember everything... So far I have not done anything completely stupid but I am worried if I can't get a handle on this thing I will sooner or later.
I wish you the best...
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 7/16/09 11:23 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..

Good Morning OH'ers.. IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful

For the cooler weather..

For friends that listen..

For breakfast..

For pretty smiles..

That I am good..

SONG OF THE WEEK

DRIFT AWAY BY DOBIE GRAY..

Day after day, I'm more confused
Yet I look for the light through the pourin' rain
You know that's a game that I hate to loose
And I'm feelin' the strain
Ain't it a shame

Oh, give me the beat boys and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock n roll
And drift away
And drift away

Beginnin' to think that I'm wastin' time
I don't understand the things I do
The world outside looks so unkind
Now I'm countin' on you
To carry me through

And drift away
Yea, give me the beat boys and free my soul
And drift away

And when my mind is free
You know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue
The guitar's comin' through
To soothe me

Thanks for the joy that you've given me
I want you to know I believe in your song
And rhythm and rhyme and harmony
You help me along
Makin' me strong

And drift away
Give me the beat boys and free my soul
And drift away

Oh-ho, ah-no
And drift away

Hey, hey, hey, yeah
And drift away

Na, Na, now won't ya
Won't ya take me
Oh-ha, take me

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

Do you wanna go to jail or do you wanna go home?  From Training Day..

Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety