Recent Posts

mandajolyn
on 8/7/09 1:15 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: Mental Eval on Monday and I'm cycling!!!!
I have my pshyc. Eval This coming Monday and I'm Worried!! My Mental Health Dr. Just recently put me back on the mood stabalizer she took me off of and I'm having a rough time getting used to it again! Not to mention I'm going through a serious depressive state right now!! I'm bipolar and I'm going through another cycle of manic then depressed! I'm hoping and praying this weekend is good so that I'm ok come Monday for my appointment!  I need this surgery! Any words of advise? Encouragement?
LisaMDCA
on 8/7/09 11:16 am - Santa Clarita, CA
Topic: RE: If you have been required to have therapy...
Hi. 

I wasn't required to be in therapy but, I am sure that if I wasn't already in therapy when I went they may have required it.  I won't get into the why's but lets just say it would have been for my own good.  Food is a big issue for me and therefore, I need to address why I ate.  I know why and now I am working on it.  I don't think there is a set time for therapy.  It is a work at your own pace kind of thing.  Take it easy on yourself.  Therapy isn't a bad thing and you can ask them the questions you asked here.  They will be upfront with you.

Lisa

Started my journey - 450 lbs (VBG)
Had a revision at - 262 lbs (RNY)

beemerbeeper
on 8/7/09 6:59 am - AL
Topic: If you have been required to have therapy...
I've been required to have therapy but the details seem pretty unclear.  How long?  What are the goals supposed to be?  Can the therapist just hold you hostage until he decides he has sucked enough money out of you and your insurance?

If you've had this requirement please let me know how it went for you.

Thanks!!

beemerbeeper
on 8/7/09 6:57 am - AL
Topic: Has anyone asked OH...
Has anyone asked OH to provide an addiction forum separate from the mental health forum?

The mental health forum is mostly just grateful posts interspersed with an occasional post about mental health issues.  I'm afraid the mental health needs are being overlooked by OH members because they forum is 99% an addiction support forum.

Just wondering. 

I'll post my mental health question and see if I get any responses.

Vivian Prouty
on 8/7/09 12:04 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: GRATEFUL POST
Good TGIF Morning !!!

Grateful today.....  for waking up to the beautiful day that God has blessed me with, my family, hubby, 3 son's, furbabies, Obesity Help, Support Groups, health. my WLS, and that my son's car seems to be repaired for the moment.   LOL   He starts to college in 2 1/2 weeks and I want him to be able to get there safely.    Hope you all have a great weekend planned.   God bless you and Please remember to pray for Ramon and his family as his niece recovers.

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Patricia R.
on 8/6/09 1:23 pm - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: A short re-cap
Happy Surgiversary Girlfriend,
I have been preoccupied with the birth of my grandson.  I hear you on the addictive tendencies being hard to kick.

One day at a time. 

I also hear you on the baseball addiction.  I am right now going through Phillies withdrawal, as I am in Tigers country.

Huggles,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

RHONDA FROM KY
on 8/5/09 2:15 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
08-05 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

Among the important things we learn in The Program is to be good to ourselves.  For so many of us, though, this is a surprisingly difficult thing to do.  Some of us relish our suffering so much that we balloon each happening to enormous proportions in the reliving and telling.  Self-pitiers are drawn to martyrdom as if by a powerful magnet -- until the joys of serenity and contentment come to them through The Program and Twelve Steps.  AM I GRADUALLY LEARNING TO BE GOOD TO MYSELF?

TODAY I PRAY

May I learn to forgive myself.  I have asked -- and received -- forgiveness from God and from others, so why is it so hard to forgive myself?  Why do I still magnify my suffering?  Why do I go on licking my emotional woulds?  May I follow God's forgiving example, get on with The Program and learn to be good to myself.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Martyrdom; martyr dumb.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 8/4/09 11:09 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Hump Day..

Today I am grateful..

For brutal honesty.. Yes, I know it hurts but you have to have it..

That I finally burned Ruben.. He is always getting me but I got him good..

That I am going to be okay..

For the people in my life that make me smile..

That my niece is off life support and breathing on her own although she is still on oxygen..  Thanks for the prayers..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 8/3/09 11:18 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
I know I have been away from here for a while.. I was at work all week and then on Sunday I got a call that my special needs niece had nearly drowned and was in ICU so luckily I have two of the best friends in the world, Yvonne and Debra, that worked on getting me to where I needed to be.. Well as an update.. She is still in ICU and is steadily improving.. I want to ask you to pray for her steady improvement..

Today I am grateful..

That my niece is steadily improving..

That I have people that do care..

That I realized a lot from this episode..

That we should not take things for granted..

For people that are brutally honest with you..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Lalocaweta
on 8/3/09 3:34 am - Spicewood, TX
Topic: RE: Pre-menstrual dysmorphic disorder
Pristique has a special discount card - so w/ insurance coverage it only costs $20.00. My initial diagnosis (and one of the doctors says it is right and the other says it is wrong) is Mental Depressive Disorder - and that is why they prescribed the Pristique - they kept me on it as if I am actually bipolar I do tend to be more depressive then manic.
I was taking ativan, but they took me off of it as it is a benzo and I have suffered from addiction in the past. They have me on what was originally a high blood pressure med and is now used as an anxiety med. However, one of my doctors is pushing me to take Xanax (he is very old school....)
Good luck.
Anne
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views