Recent Posts

emmykins132000
on 8/10/09 2:23 am
Topic: trying to get pregnant off meds and feeling upset...
So I am trying to get pregnant so i went off my bipolar meds and i lost it last night.  My dogs frustrated me and befor i knew what happend i pushed over some plasticchairs knoocked over a firepit threw my phone and then cried for an hour and a half.  I have only been off my meds for 2 weeks how am i supposed to do this for 9+ months???  Any advice would be totally appreciated.  I really want to have a baby and am looking forward to it but i hate feeling out of control like this.  its no fun.  thanks.
~emmy

Vivian Prouty
on 8/9/09 9:25 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
 Hi Rhonda......Just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this post.    I live by the Serenity Prayer.   Love that thing.   You have a great day !!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Vivian Prouty
on 8/9/09 9:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: MONDAY GRATEFUL POST
  Good Morning Everyone,

I think that everyone is starting to rub off on me that have sleeping problems.   LOL  I have been up since 3 AM !!!  UGH !!!  I see a nap in my future.   LOL  Anyway now to the reason for this post.

Grateful for this daily post 
Grateful for my family, son's, husband, furbabies
Grateful for my WLS
Grateful for my life, home, and health
Grateful for my faith in God and my church 
Grateful for my husband's job and that we have health insurance
Grateful for Obesity Help and all the information available to everyone in need 
Grateful for my wonderful surgeon and his fantastic support groups and exercise classes
Grateful that my "tool" still works after almost 4 yrs
Grateful that the Obesity Help Conference is coming to Dallas

Please remember to keep Ramon and his family in your thoughts and prayers,

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

marieh
on 8/9/09 6:40 am - So. Easton, MA
Topic: RE: If you have been required to have therapy...

Hi Beemer,

I (like Lisa) wasn't "forced" into therapy, but CHOSE it for several months before surgery and have continued with it since. A friend (also an addict) said to me, "you had surgery on your stomach NOT on your brain". Those old bad habits won't magically disappear just because you had your stomach made smaller.....It took some time for me to grasp why I ate, why I do what I do, etc.  It's truly a liberating thing. I've had more than one shrink in my young life, and you might not hit on the best connection on your first few meetings, but it's important. People take much better care of their physical health and forget their mental health. Life is a pressure cookin' stress factory!  No wonder there's so much nastiness in the world today!

Marie

marieh
on 8/9/09 6:31 am - So. Easton, MA
Topic: RE: Has anyone asked OH...

Hi!!  When I first joined OH, this WAS called the Addictions Forum.  We got a message some time ago that OH would change the name because addictions are a MH classification in the desk reference. (but don't quote me on that...the memory is NOT what it used to be).  Personally, I'm not so sure I agree with this, but I don't know which is looked on more poorly....the word 'addiction' or 'mental'.  Anyway....there you have it.  

Marie

susan in sugar land
on 8/9/09 6:09 am - SUGAR LAND, TX
Topic: RE: Post op Marital issues
I have had some marital issues too because of the weight and other things too.  We've been married almost 26 years and when I lost my weight 3+ years ago (I went from size 26/28 to size 0/2) and he has NEVER said a word about how I look, feel etc.  I asked him once why he hadn't said anything and his answer was that he saw me everyday so he'd kind of gotten used to me being small.  Whatever...this is his issue, not mine.  Having said that I've also learned that trying to figure out what the future holds is way too much for me to do.  I have turned my worries over to a higher power (of my understanding) and whether this marriage survives or not is being worried about.  I have started (for the last 3 months) personal counseling and that has been a tremendous help.  When one partner makes a huge life change and the other doesn't...it's bound to upset the apple cart (so to speak).

I hope that all works out for you.

Sus
Sarah D.
on 8/8/09 10:48 pm - Waynesville, MO
Topic: RE: Mental Eval on Monday and I'm cycling!!!!
When I did my psy eval it was all paperwork that asked what youre currently feeling and eating habits. I pray that they dont interview you so that they dont see the cycleing I know what it's like to be denied because of the psy eval. I also have bipolar disorder, but I also have bulimia.
Kathy
on 8/8/09 2:05 am - Hamilton, NJ
Topic: RE: Been AWOL
Hi Trish,
Sorry it is so long since I heard from you.  I, too, have been incredibly busy the last 3 months.  I lost my job of 17 years - first time I have ever been unemployed - and sold my grandmother's house on my own without a real estate agent.  Wrong thing.  Had to sink 12k into the house (it was 108 years old) to bring it up to code.  Between the township, county and the new buyer, plus the loss of my job I went into obesession mode.  Thank god I didn't drink over it and will celebrate 14 months on 18 Aug.  I did however, lose 40 pounds in those 3 months, enough to concern my surgeon.  I'm not complaining and labs are good, but jeez, 40 pounds.  I was so busy doing repairs, getting permits, inspections, re-inspections and filing for unemployment it was pathetic.  I guess that's what we alcoholics do - obsess.

Anyway, congrats on the new grandbaby.  I hope you have been feeling well.
Best regards, Kathy

Shannon Neel
on 8/8/09 1:17 am - Chattahoochee, FL
You will do just fine, Doctor Dix is very helpful,the eval is just to make sure you will comply with treatment and you understand how important after care is.......you will be having surgery before you know it.....

mclarke1970
on 8/7/09 11:32 pm
think positive and things should be ok, i a getting depressed cause i have medcaid and i can not find anyone to do my pyc eval for the surgry and that is very depressing it self. hope all works out for you i am in florida as well
maryann
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1707 views