Recent Posts

mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 2:25 pm - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: My nerves are shot......
Sometimes being taken off a medication or put on one will trigger things like this. I was put on Cymbalta by some moron who thought all my physical pain was because of my depression...despite MRI's and other tests proving a back injury. Well, It sent me into the worst spiral that led to my Bipolar diagnosis! Cymbalta is BAD for A person with bipolar!! 
I had to take an MMPI test before I was diagnosed. Not everyone has to but my therapist wanted to be sure. Signs were there growing up, but it took my accident to bring it on full force.
Maybe after surgery the ADHD will correct itself or with being back on the meds it'll help. I know someone who's had bypass who takes adderall with no problems! Try to relax as much as possible! You have surgery soon and hopefully will be feeling much better before ya know it!!

deannhuss
on 8/12/09 9:22 am - Pensacola, FL
I've done alot of research on every type of mental illness possible and I can't find one that really sounds like my problem. I've been diagnosed as being Bi-polar by one doctor but another doctor said I wasn't Bi-polar. Than I was diagnosed as ADHD, now that I believe. I took ADDERAL for that and it cured all my problems. Come to think of it. The problems I am having now started right after they took me off my ADDERALL. Could this all be caused from my ADHD and not a mental disorder like BI-polar. I guess I need to research ADHD some more. Anyways, speaking of ADHD, they won't give me anymore ADHD medicine till after my surgery. Only 4 more weeks.
mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 8:23 am - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: Mental Eval on Monday and I'm cycling!!!!
The appointment went better than expected, he did talk  with me for a while and I'm sure he could tell I was anxious. I was just honest with him. By Monday I was calmer so I was able to deal with it better! Hopefully I expressed to him that I'm compliant with ALL my Drs and will be with my surgery!
mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 8:19 am - Tallahassee, FL
Topic: RE: trying to get pregnant off meds and feeling upset...
Talk to your Dr! Did you wein off them or just stop them? It's VERY dangerous to just stop them if you did! Keep in close contact with your GP and your meds Dr. while you're trying and are pregnant! From what I understand after the first trimester there are some bipolar meds that are safe to take! 
mandajolyn
on 8/12/09 8:15 am - Tallahassee, FL
It could be a combination of things. With your Surgery coming up it could be nerves, stress, anxiety. You might have something else going on. Was there something traumatic or life changing that happened two years ago when this all started? Seeking a therapist or a support group might help. Meds can be but aren't always the answer. AS someone who takes them for bipolar, anxiety, depression It's a pain to have to be on medications..BUT for some it's what keeps them sane!
I think finding out why this has been going on is more important than just medicating it. There's something causing this! What's been going on the last two years?

LisaMDCA
on 8/12/09 12:10 am - Santa Clarita, CA
I am in therapy and my therapist didn't push medicine on me.  Interview therapists.  That is the key.  Therapy does work... for many.

lisa

Started my journey - 450 lbs (VBG)
Had a revision at - 262 lbs (RNY)

deannhuss
on 8/11/09 7:05 am - Pensacola, FL
I don't want to seek therapy....They don't do anything for you but put you on medicine after medicine after medicine. Medicine is what has me so screwed up now.
happylapbander
on 8/11/09 6:09 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
deannhuss
on 8/11/09 4:57 am - Pensacola, FL
Topic: My nerves are shot......
Between my kids and life my nerves are just plain out shot. The majority of the time I stay a crying mess. I didn't get like this till about 2 years ago and then all of a sudden I got to the point where I started staying stressed out all the time and every little thing my kids did would just push me over the edge. I fly of the handle at everything now. I'll be fine one minute but the next you don't know what to expect. I don't know what my problem is. Is it my nerves, stress, bi-polar, hormones, life, kids, WHAT ???? I have 3 kids of my own and I let my sisters 2 kids stay the night with me 2 or 3 times a week. Last night they were all being very disrespectful and pushed me over the edge. I know I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown for sure. Can someone help me. Anyone. PLEASE.....How do I keep from losing my mind ???
Vivian Prouty
on 8/11/09 12:46 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: TUESDAY GRATEFUL POST
  Morning Everyone,

I am running late today....please forgive me.   I had a protein shake for breakfast that did not agree with me at all.    So I have spent some time in the bathroom this AM.  LOL 

Grateful today that the protein shake disagreement passed
Grateful for my RNY and my weight loss that has given me a new lease on life
Grateful to God for everything and everyone that he  has placed in my life
Grateful for the exercise class that is getting me back on track that my surgeon has for his patinets
Grateful for my family and friends and especially my husband and 3 son's
Grateful for Obesity Help and all the wonderful friends that I have made here
Grateful that the Obesity Help conference will be in Dallas in a month

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views