Recent Posts

moonboots
on 9/18/09 4:48 pm
Topic: violent childhood sexual abuse?
Has anyone else suffered through this? I'm wondering how this figures into being heavy I think I understand some of the connections-at least for me, but I was wondering what some one Else's opinion is on the subject.

I believe I've got my emotions worked out and feel mentally healthy, but I still have a eating problem.

Input?

Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. psalms 51:10
          HW:325/Pre-OP W:253                    
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/17/09 2:01 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
sorry it's been awhile..  but I just feel like posting this today.

09/17 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
In a letter to a friend, AA co-founder Bill W. wrote, "I don't think happiness or unhappiness is the point.  How do we meet the problems we face?  How do we best learn from them and transmit what we have learned to others, if they would receive the knowledge?  In my view, we of this world are pupils in a great school of life.  It is intended that we try to grow, and that we try to help our fellow travelers to grow in the kind of love that makes no demands... When pain comes, we are expected to learn from it willingly, and help others to learn.  When happiness comes, we accept it as a gift, and thank God for it."  CAN I ACCEPT BOTH PAIN AND HAPPINESS WILLINGLY?

TODAY I PRAY
God, please help me remember that everything that happens to me has its worth, including the misery of addiction.  May I believe that even my dependency was part of God's Grand Scheme to bring me to Him.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
All that I am is all that has happened to me.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Lalocaweta
on 9/15/09 4:16 am - Spicewood, TX
Topic: RE: 90 days
That moral inventory can be a real b**ch - but it is such a learning experience.
121 days here.....still working on making amends....But, that is going to take me - the rest of my life for some people who chose to remain by myside despite my faults and addiction and horrid behaviors towards them.

Have a great and sober week.

Anne
gemini73j
on 9/14/09 8:16 am - Baraga, MI
Topic: RE: Completely cured my anxiety, but now I have another problem!!
My brother was 22 yo when he died.  His death certificate says suicide, but the family feels it was a car accident (resulting from a police chase).  It seems I am the only one who could deal with it.  I miss him a lot but he is at peace now.  He was so troubled.  I have bipolar so I have had my share of meds.  One med I cannot get off of is my effexor.  I have bad withdrawals.  My psychiatrist is trying to wean me off yet again.  I do take lithium still.  I was on so many psych meds (6) pre-surgery.  Now it's just the one.  Some are horrible coming off!  I have been doing good emotionally right now.  I am experiencing a lot of anger though.  This is new to me.  I did post about it on the RNY board and feel better.  Hang in there.  Jimi

Leslie C.
on 9/12/09 12:01 pm - Kenner, LA
Topic: RE: 90 days
way to go Trish!!  Who is ever thrilled with what we find out but it will be our tools to HELP us!!  You just keep putting one foot in front of the other and things will work out the way it is supposed to!!

Big Hugs, Leslie

a person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it

HW 274/pre-op 266/NW210/GW160 5' 8"

unidos
on 9/12/09 4:52 am, edited 9/12/09 9:16 am - Deland, FL
Topic: RE: mens mental health after gastric bypass

I had VSG and have depression now, my brother had rny 3 years ago and he has depression. but he as a wife for support. I have to do what i can..

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/09 7:42 am
piper
on 9/11/09 6:14 am
Topic: RE: Drinking Problem
The injectable drug is call Vivitrol. It stays in your system for 30 days and helps with not only cravings, but if you did slip and drink the effect of the alcohol is blocked in your brain so that you don't get drunk. The pill form of this drug is Naltrexone. Usually you try the Naltrexone first for a week and then they give you the shot. I am getting my shot next Friday. It really helps calm down the cravings and the obsessive thoughts about alcohol. Go to this website and educate yourself on this drug. www.vivitrol.com.  This drug is nothing to fool around with because if you drink on it you can cause yourself serious liver damage. It's just a pill that can help you along while you also get counseling.
Cheryl Allen
on 9/11/09 2:22 am - St. Albans, WV
Topic: RE: Absorption of Psych meds??

Just got back from SD!    A little back ground.  Met Mr right there 24 Years ago, after being stationed there years.  He Native WV, I am Native NY/Kingston Canada both and our son is a true red native of SD and was born after the filming of Dances with Wolves.  _  Many stories to tell but none as important as the one that brought me back to this post.

I thought I was becoming intolerent of all of my medications so I said " What the heck, why not stay a couple what could it hurt I was in hell at that point any who?  OMG how wrong was I!"

I almost didn't make it home with out having a nervous breakdown.  Halfway through the trip I had to call the doctor back home to ask "what was happening to me, I found out there was more scarring on the brain one side from the TIA's or strokes I have had, and one major stroke and many and much more scarring from my seizures.  I kept this to myself for several days, then the slurring and other symptoms became more evident.  So I took every second with my four grandsons and enjoyed them to the fullest.

I  am home now, we got home on the 25 th of August.  I slept until I got to see my Doctor.  I have seen him, one of his associates or a PA or at worse ended up in ER because no one can help me with my migrianes.  MY Neurologist retired, and we are having a horrible time finding a new one that is acceptable because as with anyone who is going to work for me yes for me, I am going to interview!  So far, I have one who will not see Adults with seizures- which makes him an A$$ and the other one gives no feed back what so ever so I don't know it I even have a pulse.

I am not ready to give up!

Cheryl

If only I was born an Peanut M&M

nicksohnrey
on 9/8/09 4:16 pm - Syracuse, UT
Topic: RE: mens mental health after gastric bypass
Hello I will try to answer .
It is true there is estrogen stored in the fat and when men lose alot quickly the body is flooded with it. This in turn plays HELL on men as you can understand. One min we happy one min we are a blubbering mess and the next mad as hell about what ?? I dont know .
This is what I went through . Went to the Dr was told it will pass.
If there were problems with depression before hand , or pre WLS then seek pro help. Hope this helped . 

good health and best wishes
Nick ( PS it did go away and am back to normal as normal as I ever was LOL )
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views