Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 9/28/09 10:51 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Today I am grateful..

For another day..

For a Cowboy's win..

For things that make me smile..

For true brother's from another mothers..

For getting to hear/talk to Stromboli last night.. I love that boy..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 9/27/09 10:58 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Today I am grateful..

That I don't have to tear down others to make myself feel good..

That I have wonderful people in my life..

For a great conference..

For knowing what I am and what I was and wasn't..

For the word yes.. Debra, I love you..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Patricia R.
on 9/26/09 7:25 am - Perry, MI
Topic: RE: Risperdal
I have been on Risperdal for years.  I started out with 6 mg, and am down to 1 mg.  My weight gain was connected to my binge eating disorder, and the Risperdal just gave me one more excuse to eat.  I had WLS 3 years ago, lost over 100 pounds.  My recent weight gain is more connected to relapsing in all areas of my life than anything else.

Good luck.

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

emmykins132000
on 9/26/09 5:56 am
Topic: Risperdal
Anyone had any experience withe Risperdal?  I keep readinghorror stories of massive weightgain .  i just started it thursday and have notnoticed anychange inmy hunger or any thing.

poet_kelly
on 9/25/09 5:14 am - OH
Topic: RE: violent childhood sexual abuse?
I was sexully abused as a child and have post-traumatic stress disorder.  A few years ago, I hospitalized in a psychiatric hospital that specializes in treating trauma survivors.  Almost every single person there had an eating disorder, either anorexia, bulimia, or being very overweight.  I do believe there is a connection.

Kelly
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/21/09 10:32 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
09/22 (FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN... ) REFLECTION FOR THE DAY

For a considerable period of time after I reached The Program, I let things I couldn't do keep me from doing the things I could.  If I was bothered by what a speaker or other people said, I retreated, sulking, into my shell.  Now, instead of being annoyed or defensive when someone strikes a raw nerve, I try to welcome it -- because it allows me to work on my attitudes and perceptions of God, self, other people, and my life situation.  We may no longer have active addictions, but we all certainly have an active thinking problem.  AM I WILLING TO GROW -- AND GROW UP?

TODAY I PRAY
May God give me courage to test my new wings -- even a feather at a time.  May I not wait to be entirely whole before I re-enter the world of everyday opportunity, for recovery is ongoing and growth comes through challenges.  May I no longer make desperate stabs at perfection, but keep my arms in sight and develop as I live -- a day at a time.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Things I can't do should not get in the way of things I can.

Serenity Prayer and Waterfall

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Kathy
on 9/21/09 12:29 am - Hamilton, NJ
Topic: RE: 90 days
Trish,
Congrats for the milestone.  Keep coming back.  Sorry for the late reply - went on a cruise, broke my foot, got laid off after 17 years, ummmm and dealing with some health issues - low B12 and iron deficiency anemia - not to mention the emotional thing of losing my job - I have lost 43 pounds and look terrible.  On the road to recovery.  I celebrated 16 months on the 18th of this month.  I am very proud of you.  And, like you, I do not like what I am learning about myself.  Ick.  Kathy
RHONDA FROM KY
on 9/20/09 10:25 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
09/21 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I've heard it said that when God closes a door, He opens a window.  Since I started working the Twelve Steps, much of the fear and pain that haunted my life is gone.  Some of my defects have been lifted from me, though I'm still wrestling with others.  I believe that if I continue to work the Twelve Steps over and over again, my life will continue to improve -- physically, mentally, and spiritually.  AM I MORE WILLING AND BETTER ABLE TO HELP OTHERS BY WORKING THE STEPS MYSELF?

TODAY I PRAY
I give thanks to God for showing me that the Twelve Steps are a stairway to a saner life.  As I re-work them conscientiously, my life does not get better, healthier and nearer to my Higher Power.  As I continue to live them, may I feel the same gratitude and exaltation of spirit as those who are just now discovering them.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Step by Step, day be day.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

moonboots
on 9/19/09 2:19 pm
Thank you for your reply, I'll take a look. thanks!
Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me. psalms 51:10
          HW:325/Pre-OP W:253                    
Sarah D.
on 9/18/09 9:35 pm - Waynesville, MO
I was molested when I was younger and I do believe it contributed to the weight. I was already chunky back then but my weight grew. We also think something bad happened when I was around 4 or so because I started eating more and became seditary and refused to go back to a baby sitters. I cant unblock my memory of that time, but I do remember that far back. I have a binge eatting problem and there is a group on here that I am apart of called Overcoming Binge Eatting. If thats your problem too, Id join us. It really helps me if I feel the need to binge I can get on there, post and I get tons of support. Well Muchlove and I hope all stays well mentally.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views