Recent Posts

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 3:08 am
(deactivated member)
on 10/29/09 3:06 am
MistyLynn81
on 10/29/09 2:48 am - LaGrange, KY
Topic: Lamictal and weight gain... :(
I started Lamictal in July, since then I've put 30 lbs on (10 after my last increase), I just had to increase today and I'm terrified. Those 30 lbs are gonna be hard nough to get off. I've got an appointment with my psychiatrist on the 10th. This is NOT helping my Bulimia or the fasting/restricting activities at all. I'm taking even more laxatives, diuretics. I'm just really screwed up right now. My normal daily intake is around 600 calories on a good day and typically that includes purging at least once or twice or so, I was told to take half the calories away for everything I purge because I still get some from it. Typically I keep it down round 2-300. I'm exercising.

I'm new here but my dx's are Bulimia, GAD, BPD, Bipolar and major depressive disorder. I have been struggling with the ED since 6 months post op (and I had a lot of complications sooo this has made things worse). I have a great treatment team that includes a DBT therapist, ED therapist, psychiatrist, my surgeon, my surgeons dietitian and my PCP. Since we don't have 50k to get into an inpatient/residential treatment for the ED we're trying to treat it on an outpatient basis. Right now to make sure my electrolytes and crap are okay they're making me have labs done twice a week. So far other than my HGB and HCT (which have always been low) dropping from 11.4 to 10.2 in two weeks my electrolytes have been "ok" which means JUST barely normal but normal nonetheless. I'm kinda worried bout how fast the HGB and all is dropping BUT it's been 9 months since my last iron infusions and that could be pretty normal or the fact I've been having massive nose bleeds too. IDK but I'm soooooooooooooooooooo tired of all of this.

The weight gain has me terrified at this point, I had to buy pants a size bigger than I normally wear because I got rid of most my fat clothes. If they don't take me off the Lamictal I will definitely be back to my beginning weight in 4-5 months seriously the way things are going.

Anyways enough whining from me... Just wanted to introduce myself a little bit and vent.
Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/28/09 11:24 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

For being missed..

For invitations..

For pictures..

For being a better man..

For being looked up to..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
meloh
on 10/28/09 1:52 pm - MN
Topic: RE: She's here...
 I'm so happy for you! I'm glad to hear she is doing so well. I can't imagine how scary that must have been for you.

Melanie

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

PittsburghCutie
on 10/28/09 2:06 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Topic: She's here...
Hi everybody, I've missed you so...

Here it is:

Tori Elizabeth born 9/22/09 at 6:12pm at 27wks 6d weighing in at 490g's(1#) length 11.5inches.

What a whirlwind the past month plus has been. She's doing great! I'm so proud that my daughter is so strong and has made it this far. Her due date was 12/16 and she is expected to come home between thanksgiving and christmas. God has truley blessed my husband and I. He's made us stronger...He really has blessed our lives with this little girl.

Today Tori is weighing in at 780g's (1lb, 11oz's), she is 5wks and 1 day old, off of her major machinary, and is blossoming into a lovely little lady.

Liz <3 <3
marchofdimes.com
shareyourstory.org
Go Steelers!!
October, 1st, 2004-LapRNY
298/157/140'ish
RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/28/09 1:56 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
10/28 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
"Pride, like a magnet, constantly points to one object, self; unlike the magnet, it has no attractive pole, but at all points repels." Colton.

When the earliest members of The Program discovered just how spiritually prideful they could be, they admonished one another to avoid "instant sainthood." That old-time warning could be taken as an alibi to excuse us from doing our best, but it's really The Program's way of warning against "pride blindness" and the imaginary perfections we don't possess. AM I BEGINNING TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRIDE AND HUMILITY?

TODAY I PRAY
May God, who in His mercy has saved our lives, keep us from setting ourselves up as the saints and prophets of The Program. May we recognize the value of our experiences for others without getting smug about it. May we remember with humility and love the thousands of other "old hands" who are equally well-versed in its principles.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I will avoid "instant sainthood."

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 10/27/09 10:56 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Hump Day..

Today I am grateful..

That I know some things shouldn't be expected.. Be grateful when you get them..

For the nice pen that was given to me at work..

For people that listen to me vent..

For text messages..

For Hot tea and ice coffee..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 10/27/09 5:06 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
10/27 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
The Program's Fourth Step suggests that we make a fearless moral inventory of ourselves.  For so many of us, especially newcomers, the task seems impossible.  Each time we take pencil in hand and try to look inward, Pride says scoffingly, "You don't have to bother to look."  And Fear cautions, "You'd better NOT look."  We find eventually that this sort of pride and fear are mere wisps of smoke, the cloudy strands from which were woven the mythology of our old ideas.  When we push pride and fear aside and finally make a fearless inventory, we experience relief and a new sense of confidence beyond description.  HAVE I MADE AN INVENTORY?  HAVE I SHARED ITS REWARDS SO AS TO ENCOURAGE OTHERS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I not be stalled by my inhibitions when it comes to making a moral inventory of myself.  May I not get to the Fourth Step and then screech to a stop because the task seems overwhelming.  May I know that my inventory today, even though I try to make it "thorough" and honest, may not be as complete as it will be if I repeat it again, for the process of self-discovery goes on and on.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Praise God for progress.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Jennifer M.
on 10/26/09 11:42 pm - NY
Topic: RE: trying to get pregnant off meds and feeling upset...
Hiya..Sorry you are having a hard time. I agree that you should keep in contact with your dr (if you havent already). There are some medications you can take when you are pregnant. You have to ask for what meds you can take in class C. You can have a baby while taking meds. I hope you get some relief soon..Good luck!

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views