Recent Posts

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 11/16/09 7:48 am
Topic: RE: Is there a place for poetry on this site
in theory, you could post them anywhere you liked. this forum seems ok, why not?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 11/15/09 11:30 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Today I am grateful..

For People that take care of me..

That I didn't over react..

That I really hate authority but know when to cut my losses..

For James Coney Island..

For the little things in life..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
FindingAndrea
on 11/15/09 7:57 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
Topic: RE: dealing with the mind
It is good you are asking these questions now. I suggest finding a therapist who understands eating disorders. It is important to get to the fundamental reasons why we used food to an extent that goes beyond fuel for the body, good nutrition and as a source of pleasure in ways that doesn't lead to an unhealthy relationship with food.

I had lap band surgery and I thought I was ready mentally and wasn't. I don't  say this toscare you but in hopes of preventing what I went through. I had a doctor who would bully me if I didn't lose weight on his time table.T his recreated the dynamic in my family of shame around food, body image and weight. I started drinking red wine which got in my way of weight loss.

I am in the process of reversing my lap band to an RNY. I've been in intensive therapy for two years working this through along with the reasons I overate.

Good luck with your journey  and it is a journey. Be as kind to yourself as you can be.

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

David B.
on 11/15/09 7:43 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: dealing with the mind
What type surgery are you having?

I am almost 4 weeks post op. I am or was an emontional eater, and at sometimes a benge eater. So far (knock on wood) I have not had a problem with either. Most people after surgery have to be reminded to eat.

I hope your surgeon has a counslor he has you seeing before surgery. Talk to him or her about this.

Good Luck,
David B.
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

faedra
on 11/15/09 3:58 pm - El Cajon, CA
Topic: dealing with the mind
I do not understand how my mental mind will change after having surgery for weightloss.  I am so worried that I have this huge surgery and then mentally I can not do it.  I am currently attending OA meetings and I start classes for weightloss surgery classes next month for 5 months through Kaiser.  I really would like some input on how you dealt with the problem of not eating mentally?
I am not a binge eater I just eat when I am not hungery but can stop after a few cookies or other stuff.  I just do not know how to control myself from eating when not hungry.  I have never finished a 1/2 gallon of Ice Cream or a cake.  I really want encouragement.
presurgery weight loss for Kaiser  54 pounds         
HW 309            
David B.
on 11/15/09 10:50 am - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: idle depression? or ADD?
I am 3.5 weeks post op on my RNY surgery. I am doing ok. When I get idle, like watching tv, its like its not interesting to me, or maybe its not enough stimulation. When I am up doing stuff which is most of the time I dont feel down or disinterested. Back years ago I used to take meds like Ritilan for ADD. I dropped that and started with antidressansts when my mom was dieing from cancer. I currently take 50 mg Zoloft in the morning, and 100 mg of trazadone before going to sleep.

David B
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

(deactivated member)
on 11/15/09 9:39 am
Dawn A.
on 11/13/09 5:26 am - TN
Topic: Is there a place for poetry on this site
I was sexually abused as a child and wrote a lot of poems.  I recently showed them to someone and she suggested I come here (to OH) and post them.  They are kind of dark because, well... of the subject matter.  I just didn't know if there was a place to post poems here or not.
Thanks

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 11/12/09 9:12 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Good Morning OH'ers.. IT'S FRIDAY! !

Today I am grateful..

That it is Friday..

For my past.. It is just that.. The past..

For a good nap..

For cell phones..

For hot tea and ice coffee..

SONG OF THE WEEK

"What might have been" by Little Texas

Sure I think about you now and then
But it's been a long, long time
I've got a good life now, I've moved on
So when you cross my mind
CHORUS:
(I/So/And) try not to think about
What might have been
'Cause that was then and we have taken different roads
We can't go back again, there's no use giving in
And there's no way to know
What might have been
We could sit and talk about this all night long
And wonder why we didn't last
Yes, they might be the best days we will ever know
But we'll have to leave them in the past
                                      That same old look in your eyes

What might have been
What might have been

It's a beautiful night
I'm so tempted to stay
But too much time has gone by
We should just say goodbye
And turn and walk away

What might have been
What might have been

No, we'll never know
What Might Have Been

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

"It's just murder man, all God's creatures do it."  Mickey Knox in Natural Born Killers
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 6:14 am - Moreno Valley, CA
Topic: RE: bipolar and lapband surgery
I'm on disability with bipolar, too.  To be honest, they had me take a written test and I lied.  I was depressed, but have learned from years of being bipolar what they were really asking by their questions, so I gave them what they wanted to hear.

You will be fine.  I panicked about this too. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 789 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views