Recent Posts

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 11/24/09 9:36 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Hump Day..

Today I am grateful..

That I live in the US.. God Bless America..

That I have a home and a place to sit down and have a meal..  Debra and I will be helping feed the homeless tomorrow to show our gratitude..

For the wonderful people I have met on here.. Some of us may not have remained as close but those people made me who I am today too..

For this thing called life..

For my phone lists..

Have a Happy Thanksgiving..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
Member Services
on 11/24/09 6:19 am - Irvine, CA
Topic: Health Tracker Updates In Time For The Holidays - Profile Integration and Workouts

Today we released a couple of major updates to Health Tracker just in time for the holidays (as we continue on the path to Health Tracker world domination :). These updates include, 1) Profile display of Health Tracker - If you choose to, you are now able to display/share your Health Tracker within your personal profile. This can be kept completely private, it can be shared with only your friends or with the entire ObesityHelp community. 2) My Workouts - You are now able to build and store custom workouts that can be used over and over again. My Workouts will allow you to log multiple exercise/activity items at one time so you don't have to search for individual exercises each time you want to log your activity or exercise session.

Profile Display of Health Tracker .

The profile display of Health Tracker includes Body, Food Log, Exercise Log and the Macronutrient Report. As mentioned above, this can be kept entirely private or you can choose to share your Health Tracker information with friends, family, your bariatric surgeon or other clinicians.

In order to see the profile view of Health Tracker, when viewing your profile or another member's profile, look for the Health Tracker link to the right of the avatar. If there is no Health Tracker link, the profile view of Health Tracker has been set to private.

The privacy settings for Health Tracker can be found in the "Settings" section of My OH. To access your Health Tracker setting click My OH at the top of any page on ObesityHelp, select "Settings" on the left, click the Health Tracker tab and choose the "Sharing" option. Or, just click here to access your Health Tracker Sharing options :)

Workouts

My Workouts makes it quick and easy to log routine exercise and activity. For those who perform similar exercises on a regular basis, with My Workouts you can create a workout consisting of a series of exercises you often perform and instead logging each exercise indivivudally, My Workouts allows to log a single item (a workout) that contains all of the exericses you have performed. Build it once and log it any number of times.

Under My Workouts you will see a list of workouts that you have created and saved. You can log workouts directly from My Workouts by selecting "I did this", choose the day and click "Save"

You can also search for workouts you have created directly from your Exercise Log.

Create your first workout now!

One other addition

For your convenience, in this release we have also made some changes to the account deactivation process. In case you ever have the need to deactivate your ObesityHelp account, you can access this function by clicking My OH at the top of any page on ObesityHelp, select "Settings" on the left, and under the "General" tab select "Manage". Instructions for deactivating your account can be found there.

Have a great Thanksgiving and look for more updates soon!

If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this release, please post them in this thread on the Main Message Board.

RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/24/09 12:48 am, edited 11/24/09 12:51 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
11/24 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Although we came into The Program to deal with a specific problem, we soon became aware that we would find not only freedom from addiction, but freedom to live in the real world without fear and frustration.  We learned that the solutions are within ourselves.  With the help of my Higher Power, I can enrich my life with comfort, enjoyment and deep-down serenity.  AM I CHANGING FROM MY OWN WORST ENEMY TO MY OWN BEST FRIEND?

TODAY I PRAY
May I praise my Higher Power for my freedoms -- from addiction, from spiritual bankruptcy, from loneliness, from fear, from the seesaw of pride, from despair, from delusions, from shallowness, from doom.  I give thanks for the way of life that has given me those freedoms and replaced the empty spaces with extra goodness and peace of mind

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
To give thanks for ALL my freedoms. 

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Jamie B.
on 11/23/09 2:00 am
Topic: RE: candy...
I was on depo for eight years.  The Depo made me feel hungry and have cravings I would normally not have.  As far as the Halloween candy, you and I are in the same boat, I had to get it out of the house.  My husband is a skinny minnie too, but he understood, he keeps a hand full at work or in his truck, but not around me.  Still crave it, but if its not around I make healthier choices.  Be care full around that purging thing, it can get pretty dangerous and habit forming.  Maybe you just felt guilty for eating the candy, you should definitely take precautions to keep away from it.  Something else I found that helps is keeping some sugar free candy around so that I still get my sweet-tooth satisfied, but I do not feel as guilty for eating it, but be care full with it,  if you eat to much it can do some awful things to your bowels.
Jamie B.
on 11/23/09 1:48 am
Topic: RE: What is going on in my head?

I have made the appointment to see a counselor, I start next week.  Thanks

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 11/22/09 9:58 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Good Monday Morning..

Today I am grateful..

For meds that help me out..

For a great weekend with my Pretty Girl and Stromboli..

That I know I am not the worst person in the world..

For Debra loving me in spite of my ways..

For my job although I have to work on Friday.. I still have a job..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 11/20/09 11:48 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
11/21 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Adversity introduces man to himself, a poet once said. For me, the same is true of even imagined adversity. If I expect another person to react in a certain way in a given situation -- and he or she fails to meet my expectation -- well, then I hardly have the right to be disappointed or angry. Yet I occasionally still experience feelings of frustration when people don't act or react as I think they should. Through such imagined -- or, better yet, self-inflicted -- adversity, I come face to face again with my old self -- the one who wanted to run the whole show. IS IT TIME FOR ME TO FINALLY STOP EXPECTING AND TO START ACCEPTING?

TODAY I PRAY
May I stop putting words in people's mouths, programming them -- in my own mind -- to react as I expect them to. Expectations have fooled me before: I expected unbounded love and protection from those close to me, perfection from myself, undivided attention from casual acquaintances. On the adverse side, I expected failure from myself, and rejection from others. May I stop borrowing trouble -- or triumph either -- from the future.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Accept. Don't expect.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

David B.
on 11/20/09 11:23 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Topic: RE: What is going on in my head?
I am not far enough out myself to say when it will end or get better. Are you seeing a counslor? If not I would highly advise it.

Hang in there,
David B
  David  max  317, pre liquid diet  295, day of surgery 285, current 193 09/01/10

peggy76
on 11/20/09 9:54 pm, edited 11/20/09 10:21 pm - girardville, PA
Topic: candy...
  im furious with myself..  i have been eating mini candy bars..... by the handfulls.... hubby bought a ton of halloween candy on sale.. hes 180lbs an can eat anything..  i cant stop myself... i thought at first just one wont hurt..  then another then another..  thought for sure i would dump but i didnt..  now its like i have to argue with myself over CRAP for hrs to keep from eating it... ive never been a binge eater..  just starved myself for periods of time or ate/normal large portions of the wrong crap and didn't excercise. but never excessive amounts..but this is rediculous.. i on a couple of occasions this past week... ate them an drank water.. till i puked/ purged... something else i have also never done..  even with all the yoyo diets, starving myself, an so on EXCESSIVE COMPULSIVE OVEREATING was never a problem i had..  i dont understand where this is coming from..   i do have an addictive personality, 12 yrs sober next Feb.... but this has thrown me for a loop.. 9 months post op down 167 lbs... now all a sudden warning signs of a eating disorder? whats next? i was doing so well not even wanting to eat at all.. till recently.. was never hungry.. since surgery till now this is totally insane.. im so effing mad at myself...  only things that have changed recently were me going on 2 new meds... celexa (3 wks ago was diagnosed with PTSD, severe depression,extreme anxiety/social disorder) and depovera shots...( birthcontrol ) i was told it could possibly increase my hunger but was also told that was a good thing cuz i wasnt getting in my daily calories as it was.. sometimes barely half... sighs... it cant be the meds...can it i feel like such an idiot... i know better, i dont want the crap but i cant stop mysellf..... 

Jamie B.
on 11/20/09 3:28 am
Topic: What is going on in my head?
I am almost a year out from RNY and I have achieved goal, but it has not been easy.  I have had many health issues that have just sent me into a pretty nasty depression.  Not suicidal in the slightest, its just hard to do anything, I know its temporary.  I have started anti-depressants, but not quite yet seeing the benefit.  I also started drinking pretty regularly (1-2 shots a night for the last 2 months).  I have never had problems with drugs or alcohol, but I am finding it hard to just not drink.  I also have not had depression issues before.  I am still in a lot of physical pain and have stopped taking pain meds, drinking helps, I know I am self medicating.  I am not drinking in excess, but then again with us bypassers even a little can be mind altering.  At this point I feel lost, I do not know who I am anymore and I do not know where to start looking.  Some times it just feels downright hopeless and I wish I knew where it was coming from.  There is just so much going on in my life right now it is often overwhelming and unfortunately I don't think that anyone around me could completely understand what I am going through.  I have a very wonderful husband of 15 years who has been so supportive of me through this whole process and he trys so hard to help me, he wants me happy and healthy, but at this point I don't think that is obtainable.  I am afraid that because of this I could very well possibly loose him, it s almost like I am pushing him away, I love him too much to expect him to have to take care of me for the rest of his life, he deserves better.  He says "for better or for worse, through sickness and through health", he keeps saying this when ever I bring up this concern, but its all been SICKNESS and WORSE for a while now.  When does it get better??? When will things start to change?? How far down am I going to get before I loose everything I love?
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1706 views