Recent Posts

Monkeygrl14
on 3/17/14 12:57 pm - Fresno, CA
RNY on 03/21/14
Topic: RE: Are you MH and/ or Dual Dx on Here?

Me: bipolar I with psychotic features. Borderline personality disorder with dependent features and OCD. I am going to be 32 in May. I take Invega, Trileptal, and Cymbalta. Has anyone had problems with their sodium levels after surgery from taking the Trileptal?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/27/14 2:21 am
RNY on 08/05/19
Topic: RE: BP II and bypass vs. sleeve

Hi Gabby, just saw your post!

I had my sleeve done about 2 months ago, and I'm happy to report no issues with meds so far! My psychiatrist had me bump up the lamictal a bit a couple of weeks ago since I was getting a touch manic, but that's been the only change. That one makes sense, because a hormone dump is common as you start losing weight, and lamictal apparently becomes somewhat less effective with increased estrogen (like when you start birth control). But I'm feeling really good, and the weight loss is coming along, so all is well so far!

Hope your research is going well! :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

gabby169kitty
on 2/18/14 9:29 am
Topic: RE: BP II and bypass vs. sleeve

I am in the beginning stages of my surgery quest. From the research I done I also came to the conclusion that the sleeve is the best option for me. There is no way I'd mess with med absorption. My current combo has kept me stable, with minor adjustments, for 2+ years. I'm encouraged to hear other people have surgeons who agree with my conclusion.

gabby169kitty
on 2/18/14 9:23 am
Jen 1959
on 2/7/14 10:04 am - NH
Topic: Heard of this drug?

I  recently heard of a new drug for Bipolar depression...Latuda.........has any one tried it?

Thanks

Jennifer

RNY 5/30/08

S/W  236

C/W  115

rengirl1978
on 1/18/14 2:22 pm - Denver, CO
VSG on 12/18/13
Topic: RE: First time in this forum.. Rapid Cycling BP

Hi! It's been a while since you posted all of this. I hope you're okay now! I was diagnosed with BP in 2009 and I was lucky that the fist meds they put me on worked. I lost my job almost a year ago, and secretly I was so relieved! Just like you, the thought of having a job really stresses me out! I have a special needs child and some days when I have had a hard time with him, I just don't have anymore of me left to give at a job! Or vice versa. After my surgery, I found that my anti-depressant was tearing up my sleeve. I made an emergency appt with my psych, thinking that she would switch me to something else. Well, to my surprise, she took me off anti-depressant totally! So, I'm still on mood stabilizer, but not on an anti-depressant... I'm really nervous! At any rate, give an update! I hope you're doing good. 

Rhiannon VSG 12/18/13 ~ Mo 1 -35lbs ~ Mo 2 -15lbs ~ Mo 3 -13lbs ~ Mo 4 -8lbs ~ Mo 5 -9lbs ~ Mo 6 -6lbs ~ Mo 7 -8lbs

If we all liked the same things, what fun would life be?

CosmoGirl1987
on 1/1/14 3:26 pm - Everett, MA
Topic: RE: Body image question?

I have this issue. I look down and see the 280 lbs girl from before. I freak out at the slightest indication of a fold of skin or a lump. I am only a year out but I think we will be ok

Flava_of_bravery
on 12/22/13 9:03 am - Plattsburgh, NY
Topic: RE: Are you MH and/ or Dual Dx on Here?

My MH diagnosis: Bipolar 1 with psychotic features (not really as fun as it sounds as of 2006), Anxiety Not Specified (1994), PTSD (2004), and Schizotypal personality disorder (possibly) (2000)

I've been stable with meds a few years though, more or less with a diagnosis like that. I'm just worried when I have the surgery I'll have to adjust my meds and that could be disaster. I have to do something though, the bp meds are one of the main reasons I gained 200 lbs in the last about 9 years (after being diagnosed and put on medication). Btw I'm 27, most were diagnosed in childhood. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/13 5:20 pm - Carlsbad, CA 92009, USA
Topic: Best Nursing Home in Anderson For Senior Citizen ?

I love my  grandmother and grandfather. I would much rather neither of them be the victim of a violent attack in Anderson . I doubt very much that I am alone on this. I think that many people care very deeply for one or more senior citizens that they know.  I think  Nursing Home is  a great idea for my grandparents. I am ask obesityhelp community members, who has experience in nursing home ? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

D. Switcher
on 12/17/13 12:44 pm
Topic: Are you MH and/ or Dual Dx on Here?

Me: Bipolar II, Anxiety w Agoraphobia, Panic D/O, OA, NA AA 17 years.

You:?

Sleeve to DS Conversion - Regain 290# Current weight: 252# - VSG lowest weight: 235#  

"Serenity to Accept, Courage to Change, and Wisdom to Know..."

***all comments are my personal experience and/ or opinion***

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views