Recent Posts

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/18/10 9:34 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Today I am grateful..

That I still have a job.. They laid eight people off yesterday..

That Linda Jones is in Peace now..  May God bless her soul..  I will miss you, Linda.. Thanks for the inspiration..

For getting smarter..

That I got to talk to G-Dawg on facebook last night..  Sempre Fi..

That my roomie is going to the conference with me this weekend..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/18/10 8:16 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

01/19 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
It was far easier for me to accept my powerlessness over my addiciton than it was for me to accept the notion that some sort of Higher Power could accomplish that which I had been unable to accomplish myself.  Simply by seeking help and accepting the fellowship of others similarly afflicted, the craving left me.  And I realized that if I was doing what I was powerless alone to do, then surely I was doing so by some Power outside my own and obviously greater.  HAVE I SURRENDERED MY LIFE INTO THE HANDS OF GOD?

TODAY I PRAY
May God ease in me the arrogant pride which keeps me from listening to Him.  May my unhealthy dependence on chemicals and my clinging dependence on those nearby be transformed into reliance on God.  Only in this kind of dependence/reliance on a Higher Power will I find my own transformation.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I am God-dependent.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

sean456
on 1/18/10 6:42 pm - a, AZ
Topic: RE: Help... this is weird for me.
thanks for such an important topic..
================
albert
find attorney
simonsmom
on 1/18/10 4:54 am - Coraopolis, PA
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/18/10 3:18 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..

Today I am grateful for...

the work day being "almost" over..  not feeling well (getting a cold) and I want to go home and rest..

that the weather is somewhat warmer..

that there is someone special in my life.. who fills my thoughts all the time

for a very special friend and his recovery now in treatment

for GOD.. for whom all blessings flow!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/17/10 9:42 pm, edited 1/17/10 9:43 pm - Houston, TX
Good Monday Morning..

Today I am grateful..

For the great season the Cowboys had.. I hated to see it end like that but there are several teams wishing that they were in the playoffs..

For changes..

For Debra and having the party go off without a hitch..

For another day..

That Marin Luther King Jr. had a dream..

For SMILES (SMALL MIRACLES IN LIFE'S EVERYDAY STRUGGLES) AND CRIES ( CERTIAN REASONS I'M EXTREMELY SAD)
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/17/10 9:06 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
I received an email Saturday morning from my dear friend who last week went inpatient for treatment.  It put a smile to my face and I cried as I'm so happy for him.  Please say a prayer for him as he continues with his journey.  Here is his email.. I thought it may put a smile to some of your faces as well..

Dear Rhonda,  I am 8 days sober and loving it.  Though a nervouse wreck and a crying fool my heart is light and my resolve is firm.  I look to Lord every morning to see me through and hold tight to my faith to keep me strong.     Thank you for being so much of an inspiration for me and a steadfast freind.  Keep me in your prayers as I will you.  I can't write much this morning as I have an AA meeting to make it to but I wanted to let you know my status so to speak.  I do not have your number because in my drunken, drug induced coma I lost it.  Thank God for email addresses!  Mine is xxx-xxx-xxxx.  Call me when you have time or write.  I am off to shower and drive!  LOL  I love you my freind

01/18 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
If we are determined to stop drinking or using other chemicals, there must be no reservations whatsoever, not any lurking notion that our allergy of the body and obsession of the mind will some day reverse themselves.  Our regeneration comes through the splendid paradox of the Twelve Steps:  Strength arises from complete defeat, and the loss of one's old life is a condition for finding a new one.  AM I CONVINCED THAT IN POWERLESSNESS, POWER COMES? AM I CERTAIN THAT BY RELEASING MY LIFE AND WILL, I AM RELEASED?

TODAY I PRAY
May I know power through powerlessness, victory through surrender, triumph through defeat.  May I learn to relinquish any trace of secret pride that I can "do it by myself."  Let my will be absorbed and streered by the omnipotent will of God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Let go and let God.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/14/10 9:46 pm - Houston, TX
Good Morning OH'ers..  IT'S FRIDAY! ! 

Today I am grateful..

That it is Friday.. This has been on hell of a week..

For winning and lossing..

For the people that make me smile..

For being able to smile..

For the little things in life..

SONG OF THE WEEK..

STAND BACK UP BY SUGARLAND..

Go ahead and take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
I'm laid out on the floor, but I've been here before,
I may stumble, yeah I might fall,
Only human aren't we all?
I might lose my way, but hear me when i say,

I will stand back up,
Youll know just the moment when ive have enough,
Sometimes im afraid, and i dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

I've been beaten up and bruised,
I've been kicked right off my shoes,
Been down on my knees more times than youd believe,
When the darkness tries to get me,
Theres a light that just wont let me,
It might take my pride, and my tears may fill my eyes,
But I'll stand back up,

I've weathered all these stroms,
But i just turn them into wind, so i can fly,
What dont kill you makes you stronger,
When I take my last breath,
Thats when I'll just give up,

So, go ahead to take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
You might win this round but you cant keep me down,

'Cause I'll stand back up,
And you'll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes im afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

Youll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up.

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

There is nothing sadder in life than wasted talent.. From A Bronx Tale..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/14/10 8:35 pm, edited 1/14/10 8:37 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

01/15 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I must never forget who and what I am and where I come from.  I have to remember the nature of my illness and what it was like before I came to The Program.  I'll try to keep the memory green, yet not spend my time dwelling morbidly on the past.  I won't be afraid to enjoy what is beautiful, and to believe that as I give to others, so others will give to me.  CAN I EVER AFFORD TO FORGET WHAT IT USED TO BE LIKE, EVEN FOR ONE MINUTE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I never forget the painful days of my addiction.  May I never forget that the same misery awaits me if I should slip back into the old patterns.  At the same time, may such backwards glances serve only to bolster my own present strength and the strength of others like me.  Please, God, do not let me dredge up these recollections in order to outdo or  "out-drunk" my fellow members.  Like others who are chemically dependent, I must be wary of my desire to be centerstage in the spotlight.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I do more when I don't "outdo."

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/13/10 10:05 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..

Today I am grateful..

that the blower on my heater in my Jeep miraculously worked yesterday when leaving work

for Derick being in my life.  He makes me happy.

for coffee.. I need to make another pot.

for Fast Fixings.. egg omlet (they taste delicious and are quick to make)

for LIFE..  it's so precious and lately I feel like it's going too fast!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views