Recent Posts

Navytown Mom
on 1/21/10 9:23 pm
Topic: RE: Self confidence or something else...husband issues...
Thank you so much for  your response Rhonda. It is difficult and I will check out the links that you provided. I know I have decisions to make and I hope that I can receive support and answers to the questions that I have. Thank you again for sharing your story and for your support.

Susan

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/21/10 8:46 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME
01/22 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
In a very real sense, we are imprisoned by our inability or unwillingness to reach out for help to a Power greater than ourselves.  But in time, we pray to be relieved of the bondage of self, so that we can better do God's will.  In the words of Ramakrishna, "The sun and moon are not mirrored in cloudy waters, thus the Almighty cannot be mirrored in a heart that is obsessed by the idea of  "me and mine."  HAVE I SET MYSELF FREE FROM THE PRISON OF SELF-WILL AND PRIDE WHICH I MYSELF HAVE BUILT?  HAVE I ACCEPTED FREEDOM?

TODAY I PRAY
May the word freedom take on new meanings for me, not just "freedom from" my addiction, but "freedom to" overcome it.   Not just freedom from the slavery of self-will, but freedom to hear and carry out the will of God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Freedom from means freedom to.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/21/10 12:03 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Grateful Post..
On January 21, 2010 at 6:10 AM Pacific Time, Da Shrinking Dawg Ramon wrote:
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

It has been a rough week so today I am just grateful period..

and sometimes... just being grateful is enough Ramon Hope it gets better!!

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/20/10 10:10 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

It has been a rough week so today I am just grateful period..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/20/10 9:31 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: RE: Self confidence or something else...husband issues...

Hi Susan..

I believe you can substitute any other addiction to replace gambling..  ie: alcohol, eating, shopping, sex.. and you will have the same answers.

You are correct that you and your daughter should be his number one priority and I would believe that he wishes he could place you both as number one.  However, as with any addiction the loved ones are often placed second.. third.. or lower on the priority list.

I would recommend for you and your daughter to attend an Alanon class in your area.  Tho the addiction is gambling.. I believe you "may" be able to get some very useful information and support from it.

You do deserve to be happy in this life as it's the only one that you'll receive here on this earth.  You have alot of decisions to make and ones that will be very heartfelt and challenging.  Please remember that you have no control over anyone or anyone's actions but yourself.  And... you are never alone.. there are many just like you. 

I myself am an alcoholic who has been sober now for over 3 years.  Tho on the other side of your situation, I can relate to it as I had to tell someone I cared about greatly that they had to leave my home when they themself could not hold onto sobriety.   

Possible helpful links..

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/gambling_addiction.htm

http://www.al-anon.alateen.org/

Best wishes..

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/20/10 9:14 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

01/21 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Every person, no matter what his or her balance for good or evil, is a part of the Divine economy.  We are all children of God, and it is unlikely that He intends to favor one over another.  So it is necessary for all of us to accept whatever positive gifts we receive with a deep humility, always bearing in mind that our negative attitudes were first necessary as a means of reducing us to such a state that we would be ready for a gift of the positive ones via the conversion experience.  DO I ACCEPT THE FACT THAT MY ADDICTION AND THE BOTTOM I FINALLY REACHED ARE THE BEDROCK UPON WHICH MY SPIRITUAL FOUNDATION RESTS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I know that from the first moment I admitted my powerlessness, God-given power was mine.  Every step taken from that moment of defeat has been a step in the right direction.  The First Step is a giant step.  Though it is often taken in despair, may I realize that I must be drained of hope before I can be refilled with fresh hope, sapped of willfulness before I can feel the will of God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Power through powerlessness.

Navytown Mom
on 1/19/10 11:11 pm
Topic: Self confidence or something else...husband issues...

I think this may be mental but not sure. I thought that I should post here and see if anyone else has experienced this.

Since my surgery, I no longer feel the need to put up with my husband's foolishness. Of course, since my surgery I have more self confidence, I feel that my daughter and I should be the highest priority and way before his addiction to gambling. However, I think he does not, as he continues to gamble and both she and I continue to go without things because of it. I no longer feel in love with him and I am very bitter about his addiction. I do not want to and I hope that I never have to be intimate with him ever again.

We had these problems prior to surgery but I now feel like I just don't have to put up with it. I feel that I deserve better than that. Has anyone else been through something like that? 

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/19/10 10:37 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Happy Hump Day..

Today I am grateful..

For the sun shining..

For breathing..

For another day..

That I am okay..

That I am loved..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/19/10 8:52 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

01/20 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
The first psychiatrist to recognize the work of Alcoholics Anonymous, Dr. Harry Tiebout, used many concepts of The Program in his own practice.  Over many years, the doctor's study of the
"conversion experience" led him to see, first, that it is the act of surrender which initiates the switch from negative to positive; second, that the positive phase is really a state of surrender which follows the act of surrender; and third, that the state of surrender, if maintained, supplies an emotional tone to all thinking and feeling that insures healthy adjustment.  AM I LIVING IN A CONSTANT STATE OF SURRENDER?

TODAY I PRAY
May I understand that I do not have to "unlearn" my respect for "self-reliance," that trait of character which I heard praised so often from the time I was a tiny child.  Only my understanding of the word must change.  For as I come to know that "self" is part of God, that I am nothing except in His Being, there is no quarrel between self-reliance and God-reliance.  May I rely upon that self which is God's.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Not part-god, but part of God.

Rosettagrace
on 1/19/10 4:40 am - MI
Topic: Hungry all the time. It's mental, I think?? OPINIONS PLEASE!!
I had my surgery in Aug of 2008. I have gone from 324 pre surg weight to 165. I am hungery all the time. I snack all day long. Mostly healthy stuff fruit, nuts and I'm lucky enough to still be able to eat popcorn. The fact is thats all I think about. I cannot eat much at once but I can go all day. grazing like a cow. Im scared of gaining but I am not even sure about that. Im happy to be where I am but the doctor says I should be at 145/150. Im happy where I am. I dont even know whats going on in my head anymore. Confused?? Please other perspectives PLEASE!!
Rosettagrace
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views