Recent Posts

RHONDA FROM KY
on 2/1/10 8:27 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT A TIME

02/02 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Looking back, I realize just how much of my life has been spent in dwelling upon the faults of others.  It provided much self-satisfaction, to be sure, but I see now just how subtle and actually perverse the process became.  After all was said and done, the net effect of dwelling on the so-called faults of others was self-granted permission to remain comfortably unaware of my own defects.  DO I STILL POINT MY FINGER AT OTHERS AND THUS SELF-DECEPTIVELY OVERLOOK MY OWN SHORTCOMINGS?

TODAY I PRAY
May I see that my preoccupation with the faults of others is really a smokescreen to keep me from taking a hard look at my own, as well as a way to bolster my own failing ego.  May I check out the "why's" of my blaming.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Blame-saying
Is game-playing

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/31/10 9:56 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Grateful Post..
Good Monday Morning..

Today I am grateful..

That I am getting better each day at doing something good for my mind body and spirit..

That I know I need people to stand beside me not for me..

That I am not a bad person trying to get good instead a sick person trying to get well..

For my friend Bill..

For eight days..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
 http://www.rydobesity.com 
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/31/10 9:05 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

02/01 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
The longer I'm in The Program, the more clearly I see why it's important for me to understand why I do what I do, and say what I say.  In the process, I'm coming to realize what kind of person I really am.  I see now, for example, that it's for easier to be honest with other people than with myself.  I'm learning, also, that we're all hampered by our need to justify our actions and words.  HAVE I TAKEN AN INVENTORY OF MYSELF AS SUGGESTED IN THE TWELVE STEPS?  HAVE I ADMITTED MY FAULTS TO MYSELF, TO GOD, AND TO ANOTHER HUMAN BEING?

TODAY I PRAY
May I not be stalled in my recovery process by the enormity of The Program's Fourth Step, taking a moral inventory of myself, or by admitting these shortcomings to myself, to God and to another human being.  May I know that honesty to myself about myself is all-important.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
I cannot mend if I bend the truth.

It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end.  ~Ursula K. LeGuin

lilbets
on 1/29/10 5:51 am
Topic: RE: Bipolar???
Jessica,

Please let me suggest you read The Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide, by David J. Miklowitz, Ph.D.  (c 2002).  Your library may already have a copy, or you can suggest they purchase a copy for your use.

This is by far the BEST book I've ever read on the subject and MOST helpful to me in learning, accepting, and living with this mental illness.

Also, please contact a hospital with a GREAT mental health department near you to get a referral for an excellent psychiatrist, who specializes in Bipolar Disorder.  I went thru three idiots over the past two years, until I found an excellent one this past spring.

Also, Good Luck on your WLS!!!
lilbets
on 1/29/10 5:41 am
Topic: RE: Bipolar???
Ready or Not,

With a 130 lb loss, I'm sure you're pretty hot and sexy these days.  That's quite an accomplishment and life change.  Try to stay positive with your progress -- you're on the right track!!!  My congratulations to you on your tremendous success thus far!!!!

Take another look in the mirror -- you are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sorry for not having any suggestions on meds.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/28/10 10:12 pm - Houston, TX
Good Morning OH'ers.. IT'S FRIDAY ! ! 

Today I am grateful..

For the liquid sunshine..

That I have a good job..

For colors..

For sound..

That I will have some serious OT this weekend..

SONG OF THE WEEK

STAND BACK UP BY SUGARLAND..

Go ahead and take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
I'm laid out on the floor, but I've been here before,
I may stumble, yeah I might fall,
Only human aren't we all?
I might lose my way, but hear me when i say,

I will stand back up,
Youll know just the moment when ive have enough,
Sometimes im afraid, and i dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

I've been beaten up and bruised,
I've been kicked right off my shoes,
Been down on my knees more times than youd believe,
When the darkness tries to get me,
Theres a light that just wont let me,
It might take my pride, and my tears may fill my eyes,
But I'll stand back up,

I've weathered all these stroms,
But i just turn them into wind, so i can fly,
What dont kill you makes you stronger,
When I take my last breath,
Thats when I'll just give up,

So, go ahead to take your best shot,
Let 'er rip, give it all you've got,
You might win this round but you cant keep me down,

'Cause I'll stand back up,
And you'll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes im afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up,

Youll know just the moment when ive had enough,
Sometimes I'm afraid and I dont feel that tough,
But I'll stand back up.

MOVIE QUOTE OF THE WEEK..

That'll do donkey, that'll do.. from Shrek..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
Interview on www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com Please check it out.. http://www.weightlosssurgerychannel.com/programs/wls-journeys/wls-journeys-guest-ramon-lopez.html/
Video, about me, made by my best friend Yvonne.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gCxNTyRUo0
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/28/10 8:43 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY
Topic: ~SPIRITUAL NOT RELIGIOUS~ A DAY AT TIME

01/29 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I used to imagine my life as a grotesque abstract painting: a montage of crises framed by end-upon-end catastrophes.  My days all were grey and my thoughts greyer still.  I was haunted by dread and nameless fears.  I was filled with self-loathing.  I had no idea who I was, what I was, or why I was.   I miss none of those feelings.  Today, step by step, I am discovering myself and learning that I can be free to be me.  AM I GRATEFUL FOR MY NEW LIFE?  HAVE I TAKEN THE TIME TO THANK GOD TODAY FOR THE FACT THAT I AM CLEAN AND SOBER -- AND ALIVE?

TODAY I PRAY
May calm come to me after the turmoil and nightmares of the past.  As my fears and self-hatred dissipate, may the things of the spirit replace them.  For in the spiritual world, as in the material world, there is no empty space.  May I be filled with the spirit of my Higher Power.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Morning scatters nightmares.

Da Shrinking Dawg
Ramon

on 1/27/10 10:05 pm - Houston, TX
Happy Friday Eve..

Today I am grateful..

That I understand that I am not a bad person trying to get good instead a sick person trying to get well..

For opening up..

That I am a little bit better today than I was yesterday..

For the huge burdens that were recently lifted.. Thanks Debra, Cassandra and Anna..

For manning up..
Ramon Lopez 
Co-Founder
PEACE 
464/409/200
Thanks Obesityhelp.com
RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/27/10 8:51 pm - ALEXANDRIA, KY

01/28 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
Now that I am in The Program, I am no longer enslaved by alcohol and other drugs.  Free, free at last from the morning-after tremors, the dry heaves, the three-day beard, the misplaced eyelashes.  Free, free at last from working out the alibis and hoping they won't unravel; free from blackouts; free from watching the clock so that I can somehow get that deperately needed "first one."  DO I TREASURE MY FREEDOM FROM CHEMICAL ENSLAVEMENT?

TODAY I PRAY
Praise God that I am free of chemicals.  This is my first freedom, from which other freedoms will develop -- freedom to appraise my behavior sanely and constrctively, freedom to grow as a person, freedom to maintain relationships with others on a sound basis.  I will never cease to thank my Higher Power for leading me away from my enslavement.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
Praise God for my freedom.

RHONDA FROM KY
on 1/27/10 3:58 am - ALEXANDRIA, KY

01/27 REFLECTION FOR THE DAY
I can attain real dignity, importance and individuality only by a dependence on a Power which is great and good, beyond anything I can imagine or understand.  I will try my utmost to use this Power in making all my decisions.  Even though my human mind cannot forecast what the outcome will be, I will try to be confident that whatever comes will be for my ultimate good.  JUST FOR TODAY, WILL I TRY TO LIVE THIS DAY ONLY, AND NOT TACKLE MY WHOLE LIFE PROBLEM AT ONCE?

TODAY I PRAY
May I make no decision, engineer no change in the course of my lifestream, without calling upon my Higher Power.  May I have faith that God's plan for me is better than any scheme I could devise for myself.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER
God is the architect.  I am the builder.

Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 788 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 773 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 996 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1704 views