Coping with life on life's terms

vickiang
on 5/8/06 5:24 am - Austin, TX
Wow! Now I know why I used drink and eat when stressed. I clipped the curb making a u turn going to tennis yesterday. With hubby in the car no less. No big deal, right? I just happened to clip it a certain way and broke the rotor, strut, bent the small frame (?) wheel and need a new tire...Over $3000 bucks! How is that possible?????? It was barely a bump, I thought. I don't want to claim insurance because when I was at my Mom's I scraped a pole getting her huge Buick out of her compact carport. Gordo downloaded software last night and crashed my computer. Again. Despite being told repeatedly not to download...this is the 3rd computer he has crashed. I don't know how to reload the os if I have no discs. The error meassage tells me to restart and press F8 for safe mode. When I do that, Iam asked to choose between normal, safe and last configuration using the arrow. I have no arrow. Thhe garbage disposer broke. The front door frame split (it had been split and repaired by the previous owners) and the front door won't close unless I push hard and lock it. The house is a mess because I've been away 3 weeks. No food, gym, drink or anti-depressants to diffuse things. My hands are actually shaking! Now keep in mind, there is not one thing on this list that won't take just a little time and a chunk of money. It will all be a memory soon. I thought I had developed pretty good coping skills after 5 years. post wols and 10+ years in AA...just goes to show you. This is just everyday life, but sometimes it's the little things that can frazzle us, and yet we canbe super copers during a catastrophe. I made it fine through my Dad dieing and putting the dog down. Weird, huh? No wonder they call it a slippery slope! So I called my sponsor and she gave me a good assignment. I swept and mopped the floor and now I'll fold laundry and watch useless TV. Something repetitive and mind numbing. Then when I am less frazzled, I will journal. Meeting tomorrow at 6am. Funny, I have NO desire to eat or drink. But I would like to not be fried. Dang! And the day started so great!! Bottom line I'm not 370 anymore, eating nachos and drinking beer, killing myself. I have a ladies' luncheon on Wednesday, a Dr appt tomorrow. I am going to foo foo myself up to make myself feel happy and self- respected. I think I'll wear my pink Amalfis with little leather bows. They always make me giggle when I look at my feet. Easily amused! Who'd have thought? My clothes never amused me before. It was hell shopping and I bought whatever fit at Lane Bryant, even if it was orange and brown plaid ugh!!! Oh well, glad I slept last night and feel 90% happy, my incisions have knit and I am out of pain and totally clean, including hormones.. I won't let the 10% take me down!!!! Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/8/06 4:24 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Sounds like a good paln Vicki. We all know a grat pair of shoes are much better than a drink! I was feeling a little overwhelmed today but reading your post makes me feel foolish. I do have days like yours but not today. In the morning I have to get a cake and gift for the young girl who lives with us. She turns 21! I chair a noon meeting on Tues. and have my daughters Honors night to attend. I have a list of about 20 things I have to complete this week and I am trying to stay in the momemt and not project. It is hard. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views