Pill free

vickiang
on 5/5/06 6:00 am - Austin, TX
I'm not taking pills. I am afraid of relapsing. I have never hurt so bad. I might be stupid but I am determined. Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/5/06 9:08 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Vicki, Is there anything that feels better that doesn't risk your sobriety? I really feel for you.Maybe a massage? hang on! laurie
EstherW
on 5/5/06 1:59 pm - Turlock, CA
Gosh... I can relate!!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm down to 2 Vic. a day and I'm HATING it. I want more!!!
Lauretta
on 5/5/06 4:07 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Esther, How are you? Sounds like you are weaning off the Vicodin. Sucks huh? Well, I can tell you from experience that once you get off it and normalize a bit it will be easier. Once I put mind altering substances in my body it is off to the races and wants more. It really is easier to not do it than to stop. Some days are harder and if my arthritis is kicking up I have to work harder to deal with it but honestly I feel so much better off all those meds even on a painful day. Keeping you in my thoughts. laurie
EstherW
on 5/5/06 10:49 pm - Turlock, CA
Laurie, I started my weaning at 15 a day, and now I'm down to 2. I'm sick to my stomach and depressed thinking I have to live without the great feeling one day soon. Last night, I was so down (cuz I took the last one of the day at 2:30) that I went to bed at 9pm. I LOVE the good feeling I get from them. I really don't want to live without it. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh If I had my way, I've live my life on 3 a day. What's wrong with that???
Lauretta
on 5/6/06 12:28 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Honestly? Addiction is a progressive and deadly disease. Those of us affected cannot stop at one or three. Eventually we need more and more. I remember pre op how I was scared that post op I could not expect anyone to ever give me diet pills again after surgery. That was scary because I needed the diet pills to function with the pain pills. Sounds pretty sick to me now. Good for you with the weaning. Do you have a support group? Without NA I would be back to my old habits. Addiction creeps into my whole life and I need the structure and support of a group. Laurie
EstherW
on 5/6/06 1:13 am - Turlock, CA
I keep procrastinating finding an NA meeting. Everyone tells me how helpful they are. I NEED to do that this week. Are you totally drug free now?
Lauretta
on 5/6/06 10:02 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Yes. 22 months. It is great. I would not say that if it wasn't true. I attend regular meetings. I have been a chariperson for a meeting for about 1 yr. I am the secretary of my homegroup. I have a wonderful circle of friends in NA. We socialize, do things with our families, go to NA functions as well as other functions. My husband has made friends even tho he is not an addict. I have a sponsor and work the steps. I was not so sure I would commit myself this much but as I kept attending meetings and got to know people I felt comfortable. I began to realize I want this to work so I joined in. It is working! I always say. Go, keep an open mind and listen for the similarities in what people say not the differences. I hope you give it a good shot. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views