I am bashed

vickiang
on 5/5/06 3:12 am - Austin, TX
I hurt so bad from head to butt. Was I right to refuse pain meds? This is worse than the ubl, lbl, and childbrith (which has a limited time). I went down on Vicodin before.\\Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/5/06 3:59 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
This is a tuff one. I took pain meds for a dental surgery. I did not relapse but I became very intolerant of any pain for weeks later. My mind kept flashing to thoughts of drinking. I do not believe we have to be martyrs but it is a slippery slope and we have to be aware. I will give my pain pills to someone else to give to me as needed and need to be extra vigilant with my program if I need pain meds again. I will expect to have thoughts of using. The hardest part was not understanding what was happening. Feeling ashamed and scared. My body doesn't know the difference when I am medically needing a substance and when I am just using one. I don't know what I would do in your situation. I understand the fear and frustration. I live with chronic pain. It can get to me but when I take paIN PILLS IT RELEASES THE ADDICTION AND i PERCEIVE MY PAIN AS EVEN WORSE THAN IT IS WHEN i STOP THE PILLS.OOps didn't mean to shout! LOL Does your group have a pamphlet on " In times of illness"? I have seen this one given to a lot of people when they faced surgery. I am sorry you are hurting. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views