Spring time on the coast

Lauretta
on 5/4/06 1:27 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Vicki's post brings up a lot of feelings for me. My oldest binge drinks, my middle child is hyper aware of drinking and drugs as she dates a recovering addict, my youngest just got caught experimenting with pot and alcohol. They live in a home full of recovery and yet..... I just have to pray and do the right thing. It is springtime here with all the parties that go along with that. Everytime I hear a siren I wonder if it is some kid I know. Laurie
vickiang
on 5/4/06 2:37 am - Austin, TX
I am 48 with a 13 yr old boy and almost 12 yr old girl. She acts like a cat when you come back from vacation. Walks by, ignores me, protests, but really wants love and guidance. I am going through menopause as she is about to start her periods. It won't be pretty. At 11 she has already been asked out on a date. And I have to deal with the possibility of drugs and alcohol? You know they are going to try it. Thank God I have some program behind me. Doesn't make it necessarily easy, but at leastI can step back instead of strangling her. My baby! Waaaaaaah! Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/4/06 1:21 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
In my experience the 11-13 yr old girl is the most challenging age for them. I was so glad when she finally got her period it settled down a bit. For my boys 14-16 yr old was ( is ) the age of over active hormones and attitude. Maybe I am almost thru the worst of it!? I am handling it better this time because I have a program. My co-dependency is not as raging as it once was. Oh yes, sex, drugs and rock n roll! Teens! I really do enjoy them more than I can say but they have their moments when I want to scream. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views