I come toyou with heavy heart...

vickiang
on 5/1/06 11:59 pm - Austin, TX
or at least a heavy butt!!! I weighed in at 170,far above my mid-zone of 155-165 and ideal of 150-160. Dang!!! I know my eating hasn't been strict, but I never did like that approach. I'd rather eat and exercise. But one month eating, no exercise and even being chair bound (I'll puke if I see another Divorce Court or MASH!) and it really snuck up on me. The paradox is,when I'm housebound,I'm bored and then I eat. So it's a double whammy. Well,there's only one thing to do, knowing I can't shut my mouth. I'll have to get off my butt, I still hurt but yesterday was a turning day and I actually got out of bed, showered and spritzed with perfume (yes, it was THAT bad...I could only painfully roll out of bed before) There's no reason I can't at least go to the gym, do stretches and the bike. It'll do more for my head than my bod. It will give me self-esteem, a sense of control and a focus on my priorities. Back to my daily morning smoothies. I don't feel hungry now, but it catches up with me at 2-3pm, and I'm not reaching for anything healthy at that point when I'm famished. Luckily I have the added incentive of Gordo wanting to train for tennis. Last nihgt I made skinless roasted chicken, plain brown rice, baked tomatoes and green salad. Of course,he topped his off with 2 pieces Boston cream pie but, hey,it's progress (it was his bday cake) Now I actually have to THINK what to make tonight instead of just pull out whatever's in front. Darn, I'd love to be lazy: eat whatever pops in the microwave for 2 minutes, skip the gym and read a book by the pool while the maid cleans the house and does the laundry. Sigh....you know we alkies love to isolate and not have to be accountable for anything. Whoops! Had to shake myself out of la la land there. I'm actually going to the doc for a pap,the lab for a mammogram, then the gym. Now doesn't that sound so much more fun ? LOL! Hell, I'm just happy to get out of the house!!! Just slap on my huge Jackie O. sunglasses and I'm ready to roll! Now I want to go skydivng. A bunch of Houstonites are going this weekend. I am green with envy! Vicki
Lauretta
on 5/2/06 5:31 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Vicki, I can identify with all of the above. It is so easy for me to fall into my slothen ways. I have a lot on my plate with graduation and the parents arrival. I would like to just sit and watch soap operas all day. Thank goodness I had to chair a meeting today so I had to get up and get moving. I can so relate to the cooking issue too. I have an active family. All older and have their own schedules to deal with. I use that as an excuse to not make good meals. I think the skydiving is a bit much but hey it could be motivation to do that someday! Me I could NEVER do it but then...... Have a good day. I have 50 graduation announcements to address so I had better get going. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views