I have a date

Barbara Hansen
on 4/28/06 2:09 pm - Vancouver, WA
I have been waiting for this. When it happened it happened so fast. My surgery date is May 10th. That is my baby's 29th Birthday. I guess it will not be to hard to remember. I was so excited that I couldn't sleep last night. I have lots of things going till then. Things to keep me busy. I really hope that this is a fresh start. My one little tiny consern is the attention from the opposite sex. I have been thin before and I always felt so exposed. It was easier to be heavy in many ways. Protective coating I guess. Anyway I am still excited. I know that I will not melt so fast that hopefully I can figure it out this time. Thanks for listening. Barbara
Dani96
on 5/14/06 1:08 am - Fallbrook, CA
Hi barbara, i don't really know what is your question. I think you are protecting your body with the extra weight so you will not get hurt. You are scare to have men looking at your body and hurt you. By staying over weight they will not hurt you. This is your revelation: YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR BODY. NO ONE CAN HURT YOU OR TOUCH YOU WHEN YOU SAY NO. you will learn to say no. you will learn to follow your instinct. You will learn not to place yourself in harmful ways and situations. You will learn to recognize the descent man from the evil man. You don't need the layer of FAT around your bones to protect yourself. You could be protected and be thin at the same time. You must start practicing now how to say NO to the abusive man. You must start pacticing now how to recognize the abusive man. They are books in book stores. Look into titles of Toxic peoples, abusive man, how to pick a good man etc...... in the slef help or psychology dept. You could also pick a book on how to protect yourself. They are many books written on this issue by many authors. It is important that you start your healing process before the surgery. This is part of your weight loss success. You want to be a winner? you must work on the mental aspect of the WLS before and after. When you start before it is easier to loose the weight after and to maintain the weight loss for years to come. Good luck Dani
conjuringupann
on 3/3/07 11:16 pm - Paso Robles, CA
congradulations on your date! you may want to talk to a therapist about being heavy being a safety zone for yeah. You dont want to  lose weight and gain it all back because your not in your safety zone.
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views