The bitter ends...

Lauretta
on 4/17/06 6:20 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Today I got the phone call I have been dreading. A member of my NA fellowship died of an overdose.He was still in his 20's. He had 2 years clean and relapsed. Addiction kills people. Left unaddressed or due to complacency that is the result. All of you who think you might have a problem please reach out for help. Those of us in recovery this is a bitter reminder. Laurie
Vicketti
on 4/17/06 9:28 am - Arlington, VA
I'm so sorry, Laurie, to hear about your friend. As I said last week, I found out how close we can come to dying because of my friend. It's terrifying. I would rather not have these kind of reminders. And at such a young age. I'll keep you and your friend's family and support circle in my prayers. Vicky
Lauretta
on 4/17/06 9:53 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thanks for your kind words. It is so sad. Such a waste. I am rather slow at really absorbing these kind of things. As the day goes on I just keep picturing him in my mind on different occassions. This is the first recovery friend I have lost to death and unfortunately it will not be the last. Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/17/06 7:15 pm - East Burbs, MN
Laurie~ I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you, this young man and his loved ones. A loss of life is always difficult, no matter the cir****tances. Dana
lorien
on 4/17/06 9:28 pm - morris county, nj
I am so very sorry. Hugs, Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety