HOW WILL I EVER GET OFF THIS PAIN MED?

MZSEYE
on 4/10/06 1:15 pm - Splendora, TX
I have been taking vicodin es 7.5 (3) at night for a long time. When I got diabetic ulcers on my feet about 4 years ago they gave them to me for back pain due to being bed ridden. Now I am up to 3 at once. I only take them at night when it's bed time. I don't know why but my body hurts so bad at night. Everytime I have tried to not take the pills I have withdrawl I think. My body muscles start to hurt to the point I can't stand it and give in to it. Should I tell the doc I want something else or what? I asked the doc if I was taking too much but he said no. I just don't want to get hooked on this and start taking more and more. What can I do? What did some of you do? Pam
lorien
on 4/10/06 9:24 pm - morris county, nj
Pam, I don't know anything about vicoden; but, as one of the ladies said to me (re: beer) if you have to ask "Do I have a problem" you probably do. Talk to your doc. Only he can tell you if its an issue or not. And perhaps he can suggest a way to safely wean yourself off of it. Good luck! Linda
Lauretta
on 4/11/06 2:14 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Pam, With any narcotic you can get physically addicted. That said, no one needs to be a victim of chronic pain. I would have a serious talk with my Dr. Yes, I was addicted to pain pills and it was part of a whole spectrum of things I abused like food, shopping, ..... I no longer take pain meds except Tylenol. When I took pain pills for a medical condition last summer I became totally intolerant of the pain I normally live with today. A good heart to heart with your Dr. really explain your concerns. Is there a way to wean off and maybe find another alternative or is this something you really need. Does it affect other areas of your life? I hope this helps. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views