Laurie... Thoughts...???

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 10:36 pm - East Burbs, MN
Or anyone else who is familiar with the AA program.. During my research yesterday, I had found a BEGINNERS meeting to attend on Saturday, but noticed many other options of meetings. I assume all of these meetings centered around the same purpose. Is there any that focus much differently than the norm? ALSO.. When you speak of NA... What does NA refer to..? Sorry for my ignorance.. Just trying to understand.. Thanks, Dana
lorien
on 4/5/06 2:08 am - morris county, nj
I asked her the same question . . . narcotics anonymous. As far as AA meetings I truly know nothing. Check their web site for an 800#, perhaps someone could guide you?
Lauretta
on 4/5/06 4:22 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Yep NA is Narcotic Anonymous. It is a little more broad in scope. Don't care what or how much you used only the desire for a better way. AA primary purpose is alcohol specifically. I have gone to both. In each situation the newcomer is the most important person because we can only stay clean( sober) by giving it away. A newcomer meeting is specifically that a meeting to greet and help someone get introduced to the program. Locally we do not have these. Open meetings are just that. Anyone may attend but only addicts may share. Closed meeting are for those who believe they are addicts only and locally they are usually meeting where approved literature is discussed.I hope this helps. I am far from an expert but this is what I have picked up along the way and locally. Every group is autonimous but that is the general idea. AA- primary purpose to help the suffering alcoholic, NA to help the suffering addict of any mind altering substance including alcohol. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views