AA Today

smileygirl
on 4/4/06 5:34 am - Everett, DC
Well, today I will be heading to AA for the first time in years. I relapsed and have never really stuck with meetings. I just don't seem to fill like I fit in but I know I do as we are all their for addiction. One day sober, and it's just that...one day at a time. Anyone in the Everett, WA wanna head to a meeting. Slim change, but thought I'd ask. Hugs
Lauretta
on 4/4/06 12:54 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hey good for you. I know what you mean but the more I went and got to know other women in recovery the better I related. In my community I am more comfortable at NA but that is different from place to place. In fact much to my surprise I chair a noon meeting every Tues. Somehow I fell into it and no one else wants to do it so....NA is very similar they just consider all mind altering drugs including alcohol a drug. It is a little more broad in scope and people share regularly about how it affect other area like eating, shopping... so you can see why it is a good fit for me! No one is suppose to mention specific drugs so it does not matter. We have a fair amount of peopl who do both AA and NA here. Another day clean! Laurie
smileygirl
on 4/6/06 12:12 am - Everett, DC
NA sounds very interesting. I may have to check it out this weekend. That's cool that they dont mention specific drugs as I know food has been a drug for me as well. Thanks for the info! And yes, another day clean!...and I'm feeling so good....a bit grumpy now and again but feeling so clear headed that is for sure! Can't wait for the weekend with all this energy I'll get tons done! Take care!
Lauretta
on 4/6/06 4:43 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I know exactly what you are saying. Occassionally someone does say something specific about their drug of choice but they are not suppose to because it is a trigger for some and frankly no one really wants to hear how you used. The issue is how you feel and recovery. I am having a weird week. I am just back in town and the time changed and worse yet it is my time of the month. I am peri-menapausal and did not have periods for months. I got used to it. This week I have no motivation. I am a big blob of skin with no desire to get up and move!!!! I am awake until 3 am and up at noon! Thats okay for a few days but I want to get back to my life. So when I finish this cup of coffee I am off to stock up the house with groceries. Tonight I will unpack my suitcase.My plan is to buy some flowers for outside on Friday. It is already in the 80's here. I am so glad you are feeling good!! Laurie
smileygirl
on 4/7/06 1:18 am - Everett, DC
I'm sorry you are having a tough week. Stay strong and you know where to go for meetings I'm sure. Meetings have never been my thing and I'm really struggling going to meetings, but I think it's a must for me to stay sober. It's only been 5 days today being sober and actually I feel so good. My mind is so much clearer and I feel a drive that I haven't felt in a long time. My doctor has me on meds to help which seem to be doing the trick. I just got back blood test results this morning when I picked up the mail and my liver count is abnormal so I need to visit my doctor ASAP. I'm not worried really because somehow I know everything is going to be okay, just as long as I stay sober. GOD is good to me and is with me big time. I'm on my period too this week and boy is it a doozy. I'm finally at the tailend so maybe I won't have to deal with it this weekend much. Well, lift yourself up young lady and know that you have a lot to live for. Keep active so you don't get depressed, but relax as your body needs it. Feel free to write me anytime if you just want to chat. [email protected]. Hugs, Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views