OMGosh.. I did it...!!

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 12:22 am - East Burbs, MN
Thank you both, Laurie & Linda for the boost of confidence! This morning I spoke in depth with my mom and for the life of me, I cant figure out what I was so worried about.. She was SO lov'n and caring and supportive. She wished she could crawl thru the phone and give me a hug (she lives in Florida). She apologized for our "gene" pool. I told her I didnt blame her for anything only because it really is about choices we make. We had a good cry and a good laugh. I mentioned that I wanted to talk to G-Pa about it, she thought that he would be very happy and honored that I would want to share this with him. She too encouraged finding a meeting and make a point of going. Thanks again for letting me voice things here. In these last few short days, it really has help tremendously. I know I still have a long road ahead of me, but the grass is starting to look greener on both sides vs. one. Your Friend, Dana
Lauretta
on 4/4/06 1:13 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Dana, I must say I got goose bumps reading this and a little teary eyed. You go girl!!!! Yes, many of us have the genes but it is true we have the choice. Knowledge is power. If I had not been aware of my family history I would be dead by now. Even though I struggled and lived in active addiction for years there are things I never did because deep down I knew I would never make it back. So for that I am grateful that I knew at 17 yr old I had the family curse. I just didn't know how it would affect all areas of my life and creep into so many areas until I was 316 pounds sick and in pain. Find that meeting and free yourself. The next step of this wonderful journey is about to unfold. You will find you wls is part of it. Hugs, Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 1:57 am - East Burbs, MN
ALSO... I have been trying my best to be very aware of what I am putting in my mouth.. Trying to re-direct emotions in a way that doesnt involve Beer or Food, can definately be a challenge.. Dana
Lauretta
on 4/4/06 2:08 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Thats a mouthful! It will always be our first thought. It gets easier. I have developed a lot of new healthier habits. I am off to a meeting in a few minutes, I wish I could scoop you up and take you with me. Laurie
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 2:37 am - East Burbs, MN
I wish I could go with you!! I did have another realization today.. I am not ingesting that 500-1000 calories of beer in a day that always caused me to have MAJOR munchies for Salt and Chocolate!! CAUSE YA KNOW... CHOCOLATE & BEER go hand in hand!! LOL!! MAYBE I will see my weight loss begin again.. One can only HOPE... Dana
lorien
on 4/4/06 2:18 am - morris county, nj
Yahoo! Way to Go Dana! What's that old poem about every journey starting out with one step . . . well, you're on your way! Hugs from NJ!
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 2:23 am - East Burbs, MN
Thanks Linda!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety