My name is...

*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/4/06 7:21 pm - East Burbs, MN
Thanks, Eve.. Pulltabs are a lottery type game that you find in bars.. They really suck you in!!
oneolddz
on 4/6/06 6:48 am - Wilson, NC
Dana I feel your pain and each day is a struggle i have just recently admitted to having a problem as well and i am scared to death that I am going to feel differently about my boyfriend and friends as well. we usually socialize by going to the local pub which mind you is less than 3 minutes walk from my house. what will i do now. i have to find a new interest. i teach school and have come very close to losing my job so i am just glad that we are both taking this step pray for me and i will most def. pray for you christian
*~ Dayner Dee ~*
on 4/6/06 7:01 pm - East Burbs, MN
Christian... What many folks have said to me recently is.. "First step to recovery is admitting the problem". I too fear the friends and their comments and have decided that if they love and care for me, then they will be supportive too. Its a all about YOU and YOUR well being. You are in my thoughts and prayers. This is going to be a tough road for both of us. Tonight is the first Friday in a long, long time that I WILL NOT be drinking and I am trying to figure out what to do. Gonna find a good book.. Hugs to YOU!! Dana
Lauretta
on 4/7/06 4:56 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Finding a new playground is hard. I got involved with social activities inside the fellowship. I found some really fun new friends. Lets face it people who are addicted are often social fun loving beings. I still have most of my old friends but I just cannot be part of the ongoing party. We still socialize and at this point I can handle them drinking if it is not all the time. Everyone has their own tolerance for that situation. I cannot spend a lot of time in bars but occassionally I am okay. That is just me. Not everyone I know can do it. Give yourselves time to adjust.But do not isolate. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views