Self love

vickiang
on 3/30/06 12:34 am - Austin, TX
You know from my post a little while ago that my life is on a bumpy patch right now. Before I even got out of bed, knowing I couldn't get to a meeting, I posted to you all. Then I went downstairs, played with the dog, petted the cat, made some of my special, fancy coffee, phoned my sponsor andworked out a plan of action and you know what? Not only am I no longer wallowing, I actually feel...sputter, sputter..Happy! That NEVER happened when I was drinking and didn't for a long time after I got sober. Chewing on a resentment was like lovingly chewing on my favorite old dirty bone...just wouldn't give it up. To put a good spin on things,we all intuitively know there is no growth w/pain. Before I was an all or nothing type of gal. Now I can appreciate the good 90% of my life while at te same time experiencing the yucky 10% in both a negative and positive way. I may not have much figured out, but it is empowering to have that lightbulb moment when I can see and feel that I've made some modicum of progress. Not that everything's rosy, but danged if I'm not going to have a good day! Later gators, Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views