Drinking poison....

vickiang
on 3/29/06 7:34 am - Austin, TX
and expecting the other guy to die, That's what I used to do and still have the impulse, though not compulsion, to do. I'm not being treated well right now, but instead of eating and drinking, I took extra care this morning on my appearance. I wore black pants, white tailored shirt, red vest with black detail (used to belong to my deceased favorite Grandma) , black blazer, and a red hat with black grossgrain ribbon. Wahoo! I did it for myself..not fishing for compliments, but to make myself remember what I'm worth. But you gotta know I got compliments all day, and that didn't hurt! I always try to dress just a notch above...keeps me aware not to eat, drink or abuse my body. Whatever works, huh? And the ladies' country club luncheon group (I know...la dee da...I would never commit to a luncheon club before...couldn't be sure I was sober, much less wanted to socialize) has voted me into a service positiion (is that an honor? LOL!) to handle al of the menus and table arrangements. Smacks of responsibility! It's all good. Helps to keep me sober. Hubby may always call me a drunk, but people here have never seen that and actually like and respect me. No comments yet on hubby please...I need to let things settle in my brain on my own (with my sponsor's help of course!) Sometimes when I'm in a hurt mode, I am easily swayed by opinion. I bet a lot of you can relate. Anyway, posting this just destressed me from being upset with my son. Hope you don't mind. Vicki
lorien
on 3/29/06 8:09 pm - morris county, nj
Of course we don't mind! Helps to remind us all that on this journey called life we're all in the same boat! And ya know, there's nothing like knowing you look gorgeous . . . . makes you feel so very good inside. Have a wonderful day. Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views