Pills

vickiang
on 3/26/06 11:37 pm - Austin, TX
Wow! I thought somehow I was doing something wrong because my Doc put me on 40 mg Prozac for my menopause and I was absolutely whacked out of my mind. I finally went to cold turkey on Friday and quit...I couldn't take it anymore. I actually went through withdrawals. I went to a meeting this morning and shared how fearful I was because it felt so much like a drunk; even worse. Another guy shared that he was on 20 mg Lexapro, was whacked and quit cold turkey and after 2 days withdrawals, couldn't take it and went on a slow 6 week withdrawal. Imagine adding wls plus the loss of 15 in of upper intestine to this equation! Now way...I'll manage as best as I can through diet and exercise. This was a scary experience. I have lost my serenity. I am reworking the steps...on #2 now. Makes me wonder why I ever liked being out of control of my mind and body. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise in a way. I am certainly not taking my sobriety for granted now! Vicki
lorien
on 3/27/06 8:30 pm - morris county, nj
Vicki, would Paxil help? I'm on 20 mg with no adverse side effects whatsoever . . . other than feeling better.
vickiang
on 3/28/06 3:09 am - Austin, TX
Thanks for the info. Exercise works just as well, if not better, than chemicals for me. I made it through pms and pregnancy w/o drugs, so I can do this, too. I am, however, taing Black Cohosh. I like to feel "clean"! I'm leaving this Sat to go to LA for4 days, then to San Jose to have my breast revision.I'm staying with my Grand-sponsor, and thank God for that given my so very recent Prozac experience, which scared the holy heckout of me. Hate to be a baby, but you gotta do what you gotta do. If I have pain meds, I'll hand them over to her. My current sponsor said Vicodin is the absolute worst for alcoholics...I've hear countless tales o fpeople relapsing on it, and I'm not going to be one of them! My ps knows..I tell my docs everything. That's what I pay 'em for, right ? LOL! Vicki
Lauretta
on 4/2/06 1:22 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Vicki! I am back and I see you are off on an adventure. The cruise was great.You are wise to be with someone in recovery post op. i know after taking pain meds for a root canal I was having serious thoughts of getting drunk or needing pain meds. laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views