I feel like a queen!

Lauretta
on 3/24/06 12:58 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
I am feeling very grateful today. I am sitting here on my new laptop ( a 50th birthday gift) drinking espresso from my commercial machine, retired and planning a morning at the nail salon for my cruise. WOW! Is this MY life? Yep it is and I can finally really appreciate it because my disease of addiction is not running my every thought and stealing my peace.Granted I am fortunate and always have been but DH and I have worked hard for what we have and had our hard times too. We do not come from money or high living backgrounds. It is just so wonderful to not have my head full of negative thinking all the time even when things are good. I know some of you can relate. WLS is a big part of my recovery, 12 steps the other part. For me thats what it takes. I cannot enjoy life without the help of others. Hugs, Laurie
lorien
on 3/24/06 7:23 am - morris county, nj
Well happy birthday darlin! And that's one fabulous birthday gift. As for me . . well . . . This is one girl who (hopefully) will never ever touch another drink. Wednesday is my night off. So I had ONE. Well in the midst of my pleasant little buzz I hit the refrigerator (don't remember doing it, but I did) and got a piece of chicken stuck . . . again don't remember it, but woke up half way thru the night sick as a dog . . spent the rest of the night in the bathroom trying like heck to get whatever it was up . . . . I'm still sick. My stomach is actually sore . . . I can get clear liquids down, but nothing else. Tried some home made chicken soup I had in the freezer, tiny bits of carrots & skinny noodles . . . came right back up. Nothing like being thoroughly punished for being a complete idiot! If this doesn't pass, I've a feeling I'm going to be in the ER before this weekend is overwith. To think I'm almost 3 years out and haven't been sick once . . . helluva way to start!
Lauretta
on 3/24/06 8:37 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Linda! I am so sorry. The universe does not want you to do things that are not good for you. There is a message in there. I hope you can get unstuck. I have never tried the papya? enzymes in warm water but they say that works on stuck meat. Too bad you are so far away I bought a bottle just incase that ever happens to me. I am getting down to the wire on the trip. I just took out about 30 days worth of clothes for a 7 day trip so I will have to pick and choose tonight. I love my clothes and want to take everything! sending positive vibes your way for a speedy recovery! laurie
vickiang
on 3/25/06 8:50 pm - Austin, TX
Isn't that amazing? I used to be able to drink like a fish, but now one drink wiil totally buzz me. When I had my replapse after 10 years in Nov, I drank 4 beers and ended up tripping on the stairs and putting gash in my head and the wall. I went to the hospital and has a ,022 reading. Eight stitches. Unbelievable. I look at it like having diabetes. There are just somethings I can never have again. On the other hand, I don't dump. Noy exactly tit for tat, but oh well. it is what it is. Check out this interesting, informative and scary article: www.beyondchange-obesity.com/ obesityResearch/precautionsWithAlcohol.html Vicki Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views