Trying to stay on task

Lauretta
on 3/23/06 9:31 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Well I am plugging along getting ready for my trip. It is hard for me to stay on task AND stay calm. I tend to get myself all worked up. The closer I get to the date the harder it is. I feel like sitting down and doing nothing or running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Extremes! So am doing okay. I am doing the last laundry tonight. The hard part for me is the actual packing. I am a little off today. I si=kipped 3 days of my lexapro because I forgot to refill it and had withdrawl symptoms. Today it made me a bit nauseous. Gosh, I sound much worse than I really feel. I guess I am just rambling. Much on my mind and wanted to get my thoughts together. Laurie
help
on 3/24/06 12:02 am - lipan, tx
morning Laurie, My name is Amber. I'm a regular lurker. You've been very inspiring to me. Have had trouble posting, so I hope this goes through. Where are you going?
Lauretta
on 3/24/06 12:48 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Amber, Welcome! I am going to the Cayman Islands, Cozumel,Belize and CayoMaya. I must say I am feeling great today. "normal" for me anyway.LOL I have been on anti-depresants since 1991. I KNOW I need it. Well, every now and then I get lazy and don't refill it right away. I can tolerate a day or two without and I plan to pick it up but do not make it a priority. Did it again and ended up with withdrawl symptoms and felt like **** for two days! You know how they say insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. Guilty! So now I have my meds on board and I am ready for the cruise. Well, kinda. I am going with the daughter for a manicure and pedicure, pick up new luggage tags and start packing. I hired someone to do a super good house cleaning while I am gone. I am excitd. Once we get back we have to start on our yard because we are having a graduation party in May. What a busy spring! I am so happy my posts have been recieved well. I really like being on the board. It is another place to share and connect to others with the same issues. It has been a lifesaver to me to finally have people to identify with. There have been so many posts on the main board about food addiction. I always knew I was an addict inside. It crept into my life so deeply it robbed me of so much joy. I still struggle daily but it is so much better. I catch myself before I melt down. Please keep posting. I am taking my laptp on the trip but I really do not know how well it will work on a ship. If it works well I will post if not I will surely be back after the cruise. I am traveling with another person in recovery and plan to attend some meetings on the ship. I am curious to see what they are like. Have a wonderful day, Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views