Clothes pig heaven.

vickiang
on 3/18/06 7:33 am - Austin, TX
I went to Foley's (now Macy's) today and bought some stuff for Gordo and me and Zo all at 80% off plus an additional 25% plus another 15% for opening a charge. I got literally thousands of dollars worth of stuff for about $150. For me, I bought two ribbed turtleecks, 3 hats, a scarf, a 3 piece pantsuit, formal long dress, a sweater twinset, a tweed like jacket, a pair of pants and earrings. That was the beginning. And they are NICE clothes, not the cheapy or plasticy ones. We're going to the theater again tonight (half price,of course LOL...champagne tastes, beer budget, I'm afraid) to see Richard III. I'm waering my new tan hat with feathers on it along with my new pantsuit LOL! This is WAAAAY better than pigging out on chips and cookies and Crystal Lite w/ Vodka (how friggin' much denilais THAT? Diet CrystalLite? Gawd!!!)! SXSW in Austin is so much fun. Kinda makes me wish I were 25 years younger, single and could drink. Sigh...the kids and I had fun anyway. I'm not complaining, that's for sure! Vicki
Lauretta
on 3/18/06 8:32 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh Vicki I am jealous! Sounds like fun! I picked up few things for the cruise. I am still on the hunt for some sandles I love with 2" heels or less. My knees will not do 3" heels anymore. I still have to go to the bargain store for a couple of suitcases. It has been awhile since the whole clan traveled for a full week together. I do not think we have enough. I am really getting excited! traveling with my daughters BF who is also in recovery so it will be nice to have him along while all those drinks are flowing around me on the ship!!!! Planning to attend the "Friends of Bill" mtgs. on the ship. They have one everyday. Hubby and I purchased some new patio furniture today. I am really happy. My front entryway has gotten so dull. We bought a terra cotta and wrought iron bistro set and a wrought iron screen that holds flower pots and candles to dress up the front.It is hard not to have spring fever when it get in the 70"s! Have fun at the theater. I love plays. I am going to my meeting as DH has a poker game tonight. That is cool tho. He is not an addict. After all these years it is still strange that he just does not crave or obsess over things and I am so OCD. I guess opposites attract. We have been together for 30 yr. Gotta chuckle out of you drink choice! I was drinking diet coke and rum before I quit. Yuck! Never thought about Crystal Lite. Just as well.... Have a great night. Laurie
vickiang
on 3/19/06 11:31 pm - Austin, TX
Have you checked out cruisecritic.com yet? Waaay worth the time...you can even join a thread for your particular cruise. Some of us all stayed in the same hotel the night before and went out to dinner, and when we hit the ship, we already had a lot of friends there. It was a gas! (nothing like dating yourself....far out, man!) Vicki
Lauretta
on 3/20/06 1:17 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Vicki, Sorry I never responded to your email. I was running like crazy. Shopping all day (see post on 7 pr of shoes!) and had a birthday party in th pm. My daughter was on the computer until 3 am doing a paper so I barely had a chance. Cruisecritic? I will have to check it out. All 8 of us are going to Tampa on Saturday so we do not have to worry about racing to the port. Today I have to get serious about preparations.My husband is so busy at work he will not be able to help. I am off to the tailor and drycleaners in a little bit.We are all excited and looking forward to this trip. Have a wonderful day! Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views