Zanax?

Laryssa ..
on 3/15/06 2:20 am - Dutchess County, NY
Hi everyone, I am brand new to this board. I am a 33 yr old stay at home mom of three beautiful children...9,5 and 2 1/2(PDD). Due to the stress lately, I have been turning to Zanax, first is was once every few weeks, fine..than a few times a week, always at night after my two younger ones go to bed. My bottle is getting low and I am scared that my Dr. will not refill them for me. I am not on an antidepressant right now, but did make the appt to go back on one for next week..so I am very aware, that I need some help here. My support system isn't the greatest and truthfully, I feel pretty alone and try to just "not go there" with life sometimes in my conversations with friends/family. I am so full of anxiety and am wondering if I can get through a night/two without taking Zanax to take the edge off? If any of you have had any experience with this situation or are on a good antidepressant, I would love to hear about it! feeling like an addict in NY..
Lauretta
on 3/15/06 3:03 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Oh boy, do I know! I have been on antidepressants since 1991. I have tried to go off but my life gets crazy. I have been on Lexapro 20 mg since 4 week post op. It works well for me. I am an addict. If it isn't medicine it is alcohol or food or shopping. I found a home in NA. I am able to address all of my issues thru the 12 steps. They welcomed me because I wanted help. They did not care if I had not gotten into trouble with the law or gone to rehab or any of the things I thought would alienate me. I am that wife, mom, nurse who functioned on the outside very successfully but inside I was a wreck.It robbed me of many years of joy and peace of mind. Surgery took my food away which almost took my life. I had t learn to deal with my feelings. You are not alone with these feelings. Laurie
lorien
on 3/15/06 8:42 pm - morris county, nj
ya got company! Paxil! I'm 3 years out from WLS. I was on Paxil for several years before surgery and probably a year afterwards. I decided to wean myself off of it because it was such a chore getting pills down, and I did fine for a long time. Recently however, I found myself crying at the drop of a hat and contemplating suicide again. So I hauled my rear end into the docs office and started it up again and I'm feeling good again. My crutch recently has "transferred" to beer. You're stressed with kids, my stressor is 2 jobs and I started downing a beer after I got home just so I could get to sleep fast. Well, 1 became 2 etc etc. I'm now trying desperately to cut down, stay away from it, because with an addictive personality, I know in my heart of hearts if I don't, a year from now, 2 years from now, I'm gonna be in deep trouble. The only thing I can say is that, like me with the beer, you're recognizing that you're heading for trouble with it. Its gonna be easier to stop now than it will be a year, 2 years down the road if you continue . . . . Good luck, and feel free to write & vent anytime you want! Hugs from NJ!
Lauretta
on 3/17/06 7:13 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi Laryssa, I got your email. Thanks for the note. Hope you are having a better day today.I am getting mentally ready for the week ahead. Gave into the shopping deamon today but not too bad!!! Just picked up a couple pair of pants for the cruise. I have to purge the old ones. That is always a good thing. Laurie
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views