any ecstacy users

1sxynrse
on 3/14/06 9:57 am - Cheektowaga, NY
I was wondering about using ecstacy after wls. Has anyone tried it and if so what was the outcome. I hope im not offending anyone. Please give honest respectful answers.
Lauretta
on 3/14/06 1:52 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Not offended. I am sorry tho I cannot help. I have been clean since 2 months post op and never had this as a drug of choice. In general what I know about it is that it has some dangerous possibilities. WLS is an attempt to be healthy and using is not healthy. I am not trying to sound critical. God knows I have my own deamons. If you have read older posts you will see I struggle like any other addict. It really does not matter what you use if you are abusing you suffer. I am glad you posted and hope you will come back. I have been so blessed in recovery. I come here to share with others who have the disease of addiction or think they might regardless of what they use or used. Respectfully, Laurie
1sxynrse
on 3/14/06 2:11 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Thank you for the reply. I havent used this before I was just thinking about it. I wanted to try it before surgery but never did. I don't know why it's on my mind now. I just wanted to hear from someone who has done it post op and the effect it had on them.
Lauretta
on 3/14/06 2:43 pm - Fort Walton Beach, FL
My pleasure. I just read your profile. You are doing so good congratulations. Be careful out there. It doesn't say how old you are but you look young! I am almost 50. Been around a long time. Liked to party like everyone else. Today I am in a 12 step program. It took me until I was 48 to get there. I am around young people all the time who started out having fun and ended up in real trouble. Not meant to sound like a lecture. Honest! Just concern. Laurie
Loril
on 3/14/06 2:49 pm - Hopkins, MN
Nope not offended...thats why we're here (((((I hope))))) but never been there...my wkness NOW is alcohol. I hope you get no flack!!
Lauretta
on 3/15/06 3:08 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Hi to another Lori! Alcohol is the thing that will get me started on my road to full blown active addiction. It is too easy. I could drink for a while I am sure but before I know it I will find my pain intolerable and be back on pain meds, ignoring my diet and shopping like a fool. I am afraid to drink. I do not want to give up what I have gained but somedays it is really hard. Hugs, Laurie
lorien
on 3/14/06 8:55 pm - morris county, nj
Welcome! And no criticism here . . . my weakness, too, is alcohol. I've never tried ecstacy, but from what I've heard on the news, it can be dangerous. If you've already got an alcohol problem, I think you need to honestly ask yourself if you want to dig yourself in deeper with a new crutch. Be careful and good luck! Linda
1sxynrse
on 3/14/06 10:58 pm - Cheektowaga, NY
Oh no I not addicted to anything I just thought this was the only place I could come to get an answer to my question.
Lauretta
on 3/15/06 3:12 am - Fort Walton Beach, FL
Well you know there are caring people here who will do their best to answer your questions to the best of our abilities. So if you feel the using is a problem you have a place to come for our experience, hope and support. Laurie
1sxynrse
on 3/15/06 4:22 am - Cheektowaga, NY
No i just came here to do some research. Im not addicted to anything I was just thinking about trying ecstasy and wanted to see if anyone has tried it since their surgery. Thank you for the support though
Most Active
Recent Topics
For your education and support
Cathy W. · 2 replies · 785 views
Wellbutrin
merlin300 · 2 replies · 769 views
Best Healthcare Center
jungisstephens · 0 replies · 991 views
What triggers your anxiety
danmarc · 2 replies · 1700 views